Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Life Lately


Last Thursday was rainy so it was the perfect excuse to wear my rain boots I inherited from my grandma. How cute are they?! Miss her so much!


They are building an addition on the to the building across the street from my work. It has been quite entertaining. This guy is walking over 15 feet above the ground with no harness or anything protecting him if he fell. I was so nervous for him! The next day a ball and chain (excuse my lack of construction wording) was just dangling in the air and could have hit someone. Sheesh! Crazyness.


Friday night I hosted a much needed girls night. I made a few appetizers and the girls brought appetizers and we just sat at this table and talked for hours. We had authentic, great conversation. We laughed a lot. It was perfection.


If you follow me on insta (@learningtobeawife) you already saw this, but this bottle of wine made me laugh so hard.


We moved over to the couch to talk a bit more comfortably and Manny saw it as his opportunity to snuggle up with Kate.


He was pretty smitten with Kate, ha! He sat on her lap for a good long while and it was adorable.


Then he gave a big yawn and moved to another chair of his own and slept. We stayed up talking until past midnight. That is the longest I have stayed up in a long, long time! Great memories.


Saturday G had to wake me up at 11:30. 11:30! I haven't slept that late since college! I felt like I had been hit by a bus and just could not get up. My throat hurt. My body ached. My head hurt. I felt like I hadn't slept in years. The worst. So I pretty much stayed in bed all Saturday and Sunday with the flu. The fever. The aches. Everything.  It was terrible. I cannot even remember the last time I had the flu. It's been a really long time. I'm thankful for Manny as my snuggle buddy and G for taking good care of me. I'm bummed I missed seeing family this weekend, but I guess my body was telling me to rest. So I rested all weekend. I'm still not 100% but I'm on the road to recovery. 

So that's life lately. Grandma's rain boots. Construction workers behaving dangerously. Girls night. Fighting the flu. How are you all doing?

No comments: