Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Life Lately: Week 29

This is what the past week looked like.

We had a planned power outage, so I worked from my parents' house and my mom even had snacks ready.

Not my usual lunch break: poolside lunch with my parents.

This book was a bit too dark for me, so I'll probably skip the Netflix show.

Favorite quotes:

"We rarely deserve the lives we lead. We pay for them however we can, be it with money, guilt, or regret."

"Silence is my favorite symphony; I can't think clearly when life gets too loud."

"Youth fools us into thinking there are infinite paths to choose from in life; maturity tricks us into thinking there is only one."

Grabbed Med on my way home and asked for no lettuce... and of course they served the food on a bed of lettuce (argh!).

And yes, I still ate it because I don't like wasting food. 

I removed the lettuce, reheated everything, and did not get the parasite.

The sweetest boy.

BC Farmer's Market.

In office day.

The air quality suddenly got so bad that we had to skip the lake for a couple of days.


With the air quality keeping us indoors, I finally caught up on all my shows - RHORI, Every Year After, and In the City.

I also watched Project Hail Mary and absolutely adored it. 

I laughed, I cried, and got completely immersed in its incredible journey through space. 

Rocky reminded me so much of Manny, especially in that moment when Rocky says he didn’t get him anything and Ryan tells him that he gave him everything (cue the tears).

It's one of those stories that leaves you in awe of the universe while reminding you of the very best parts of humanity. 

Our sweet friends across the lake gifted us some venison, and it was the perfect excuse to make one of our favorite recipes.

I love that sugar face.

Cozy summer evenings, game night with our neighbors, and her famous sangria - the perfect recipe for a great night. 

G pulled off something we've never seen before... Went out on one turn without even picking up a tile!

We had to document the historic moment.

Waiting patiently for his walk.

Oh the laugh we had when I snapped a picture of what I thought were beautiful swans... only to get closer and realize they were fake. 

This is a new sleeping spot.

Spent the World Cup semifinal at my coworker's house, where the homemade pizza completely ruined delivery pizza forever. 

And in honor of England, we ended the night with the most delightful sticky toffee pudding.

 Great game, incredible food, and even better company.

Oh Henry!

I love my library too.

The smoke has been so heavy here, and the haze has given everything such an eerie feel. 

It's a sobering reminder of how devastating these wildfires are. 

Thinking of everyone affected and hoping for safety, rain, and relief for the communities and firefighters on the front lines. 

Easy breezy read during a stressful week.

Favorite quotes:

"This was just a season, and there's beauty in all seasons. Even if you are looking forward to the next one."

"You can't control the bad things that happen to you. All you can do is decide how much of you you're going to let them take."

My coworker shared homemade bread and fresh ricotta and it made for the most delicious breakfasts.

Captain Manny.

We spotted three great blue herons, the most we've ever seen at one time. 

Happiest dog on the lake.

Floating and boating.

A snacky lunch is my favorite.

The World Cup has been such a bright spot and exactly what we needed.

The excitement, the unexpected upsets, fans from all over the world experiencing American fast food for the first time, and seeing people from different countries come together - it’s been such a joyful reminder of how sports can connect us. 

Our boat day got rained out by the smoke and poor air quality, so we pivoted. 

Since I'd already bought the food, I made this pulled pork recipe - and now we get to enjoy it all week long. 

Sweet sunset.

Protect your mind.

Happy peach plum season!

"It's the art of making all the moments count."

What a lovely thought.

My dad is teaching through Proverbs in his Sunday school class, and this quote came up during a discussion on flattery and I'm still thinking about it.

I am her.

Reading books is profound.

This whole lettuce debacle is stressful, but the memes are so good.

It's been a WEEK.

I feel seen.

I'm craving an Oreo now.

Ha!

I just want a Caesar salad.

Everything is fine.

Check in on your Michigan friends.

It's funny because it's true.

The good old days.

Check, check, check, and check.


Victoria is a queen.

This is so me.

Reporting for duty!

Yes!

For more life lately:

Week 29 of 2019

Week 29 of 2020

Week 29 of 2021

Week 29 of 2022

Week 29 of 2023

Week 29 of 2024 Part One and Part Two

Week 29 of 2025

No comments: