Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Life Lately: Week 29 (Part 1!)

This is what the past week looked like.

Chicago bound for a work conference.

G got hit on the way to work, but thankfully no one was hurt.

I carpooled with two coworkers and we got into town in time for a late lunch at Niu B.

The sushi was so flavorful and delicious. 

My home away from home for a few days.

The view from my room was gorgeous. 

Meanwhile Manny wasn't missing me at all.

Elevator selfie as I made my way outside to take my very first Lyft ride all by myself.

My boss and I had dinner at Rose Mary with a supplier.

Fun fact: The chef was the Top Chef winner (season 15).

We all agreed the tuna crudo was our favorite dish of the night and joked we could have eaten ten more plates of this.

If gnocchi is on the menu I will want it and this was one of the best I've had.

The radiatore cacio de pepe was comfort food at it's best.

The salmon was a bit disappointing, but the duck sausage was incredible.

We just started on our after dinner drinks when all of the phones in the restaurant went off with a tornado warning.

It turned pitch black, the wind picked up, it started raining sideways, and we heard nine tornadoes had touched down in the area so we took our drinks to the basement. 

The calm after the storm.

Breakfast at Grant Park Bistro.

Selfie at the conference.

Food shows are fun because you get to talk to interesting people and try unique food like this gelato made with chickpeas...

And dragon fruit smoothies.

After the show a coworker and I ate a late lunch at The Dearborn.

We shared the meze plate and croquettes and everything was amazing.

Dinner was at Maple and Ash and it was probably the fanciest restaurant I've ever been to.

My coworkers and I hustled to get to the restaurant at 6:30 (per the invite) to find out the reservation was at 8:00, lol.

We pivoted and got a little snack at Velvet Taco.

Doesn't this car look like the Batmobile? 

Our supplier felt bad about the mix up and met us at Dublin's for a drink.

At 8:00 we walked back over to Maple and Ash, down a hallway, and up an elevator to the third floor for an epic dinner.

The picture is blurry, but I had to document my first time trying caviar. 

I also tried clams for the first time and didn't hate it.

I had the ricotta agnolotti and it was one of the best pastas of my life.

The menu description said "pillows of love" and that is so accurate.

My coworker's birthday was the day before, but due to the bad weather we didn't end up meeting up to celebrate.

So he stopped by and was surprised with cake and ice cream.

Chicago at night is the prettiest.

Another gorgeous sunrise.

Breakfast at Yolk.

I could not get over the skyscrapers. 

Supplier meeting at Peet's.

We drove down Lakeshore Drive to see the lake before leaving town.

Goodbye Chicago!

This is getting long so stay tuned for part two tomorrow.

No comments: