Thursday, May 25, 2023

Life Lately: Week 20 (Part 2!)

 If you missed part one you can check it out here (I've added new pics!).

On to part two of the week...

We walked around Kierland Commons.

Here for the palm trees.

Bloom where you're planted.

We shopped until we dropped at Scottsdale Quarter.

The more you grow (and we definitely grew on this trip and solved all of life's problems).

It's always sunny in Scottsdale (except it wasn't lol).

Ha!

We had a bite to eat at Tocaya.

Cuuuuuute. 

Follow the yellow brick road back to the hotel.

Meanwhile... Manny.

And an eerie sunset.

Long story short our key cards were not working and after the third time (!!) we asked to change rooms and got upgraded to this amazing suite. 

New balcony views!

We walked out onto our HUGE new balcony to a man playing the bagpipes. 

We went to a little outdoor Elton John tribute concert. 

Cuties.

We got there late due to our key card issues and sat in the back, but we ended up hearing all our favorite songs (Rocket Man & Candle in the Wind).

He's good, right?

We went to Postino for dinner after the concert.

We meant to get a charcuterie bard, but accidently got a bruschetta board.

Oops!

We took the golf cart back to Kierland Commons for breakfast.

But first, coffee.

I had the crab and asparagus omelet at Snooze.

We did a bit more shopping (and got free mojitos!!).

Hola beaches.

A larger than life Lite Brite!

We ubered over to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess for some pool hopping.

CD wall.

I told you we were obsessed with the cacti on this trip.

We started at the Sunset Pool with sand flown in from Miami.

My happy place.

F is for forty.

What would I do without these girls?

So many fun photo opps. 

Brit and I just before going down the water slide.

I can do hard things.

We had so much fun going down the slide we made Kate do it with us.

We ended at the Princess pool and it was my favorite because it was quiet and there were hot tubs. 

You guys know I love a hot tub, even in the summer. 

The heat on this trip, though.

I was not prepared!

Can you spot the lovebirds?

Fun fact from my dad: Lovebirds are not native to the area, but common after many got loose from aviaries in the 80s.

Obligatory photo in front of the falls. 

Such a gorgeous resort. 

We ate dinner at Barrio Queen and I had my first tableside guac experience.

The queen enchiladas were epic.

Bathroom selfie.

We walked around Desert Ridge after dinner.

How magical, right?

Thankfully I never saw a live scorpion or snake.

These breakfast tacos at the airport were surprisingly delicious. 

My parents picked me up from the airport and we went to J. Alexander's for dinner.

J. Alexander's got rid of my fave (seriously best club sandwich, why did they get rid of it?!)

We went back to my parents' house and played cards and laughed a lot.

What an INCREDIBLE trip that I will never forget!

Where are we going next year? ;)

For more life lately:

Week 20 of 2019

Week 20 of 2020

Week 20 of 2021

Week 20 of 2022

No comments: