Monday, November 7, 2022

Life Lately: Week 44

 This is what the past week looked like.

I made chicken in the crock pot and served it over cauliflower rice with cucumbers, tomatoes and Aldi Tzatziki dip.

Yum!

Happy Halloween!

We gave out full size candy bars and it was fun to see how excited the kids got where they realized it.

Our neighbor went through our backyard to give us quite the fright.

Made an oldie, but goodie - Beefy Corn and Black Bean Chili

Happy November! 

Another crazy and stressful work week so I made sure to eat healthy. 

Zazu spotting.

All smiles after my presentation went better than I could have expected and a great (out of my comfort zone!) week of negotiation training.

The weather has been in the high 60s so it's been amazing having the windows open again.

Sushi to celebrate my successful presentation.

Those ears though.


I made roasted chickpeas and they were fabulous.

The lake looks gorgeous on dark cloud days.

Golden hour.

Tea time.

My snuggle bug.

Meal planning.

Six swans a swimming.

Aldi pizza was pretty tasty.

Our sweet neighbor came over to share her candied walnuts and they are so amazing and G and I may be fighting over them, ha! 

I just finished I Found You and it was dark, but I had to know how it ended and was happy it wrapped up nicely.

G and I both had busy weeks and hadn't been to the grocery store all week so we played Chopped and searched recipes based on what we had on hand.

We ended up making this ground beef casserole and it was delightful. 

I'm re-watching Girls Next Door right now because I am loving this podcast.

I can't believe I watched this show back in 2005 and thought it was so cute because through my 2022 eyes (and hearing the behind the scenes from Bridget and Holly) I get ick vibes. 

What will you choose?

Love this.

My therapist and I were talking about how when people upset you or hurt your feelings you are giving them your power.

Once I know my core values I can keep the power within and stop allowing others to take my power. I can let it run off like water on a duck's back.

It's all about learning to love myself authentically so when others say something it's on them and it doesn't have to penetrate me and relinquish my power. It says more about their flaws, their imperfections, their value system.

Mind. Blown.

Pretty darn cool.

I'm taking time to rest because I'm not a quitter.

Hahaha.

I'm here for it.

Yes!

This photo is terrifying.

Brad nailed his costumer this year.

I feel seen.

I'm trying to talk G into putting our tree(s) up this weekend.

This made me laugh, but also made me so grateful I'm in therapy and learning to manage my anxiety better.

It truly has been life changing to do the work and not let worry be my default anymore.

As one of my besties' just told me, "worrying is not a form of preparation."

Oh my goodness I need this door mat in my life.

I love a good pun and I love Cher.

For more life lately:

Week 44 of 2019

Week 44 of 2020

Week 44 of 2021

No comments: