Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Life Lately: Week 39

 This is what the past week looked like, but read last week's post first!

We spent the weekend enjoying Hocking Hills and Monday we worked from our cute little cabin.

Then we drove to Columbus where most of my supplier meetings were.

Aren't the chandeliers at Martini Modern Italian pretty?

G had the Italian Grapefruit Gimlet and I had the Venetian Sunset and we both agreed these were the best drinks of the trip.

Oh my stars, the fresh basil for dipping.

Yum!

The Lobster Risotto was my favorite thing I ate the entire trip.

The Pennette Alla Vodka was pretty amazing too.

Our home for the next few days.

Views of Upper Arlington. 

We walked next door for after dinner drinks at Hudson 29.

We shared a sushi roll and it was delicious. 

On Tuesday I drove to my first work visit of the trip while G worked from the hotel room.

We met up around 1:00 and walked next door to Fukuryu Ramen for lunch. 

After G and I spent the afternoon both working from the hotel room I headed to Ocean Prime for dinner with a supplier.

Of course I had to get the scallops with pea risotto. 

The supplier was so sweet and insisted I take this carrot cake back for G.

Eat, live and love what you sow.

G and I walked across the street for after dinner drinks at Sow Plated...

And because we are a bunch of wild and crazy kids we had after AFTER dinner drinks at Local Cantina.

Since it was Taco Tuesday we couldn't resist $2 tacos for a late night snack before heading back to the hotel to crash.

Wednesday morning G worked from the hotel while I was at a supplier visit.

We got on the road in the afternoon and stopped at Mancy's Bluewater Grille on the way home.

After all the driving I did in Columbus (and traffic and all the lanes!) G drove us home so I treated myself to a martini.

I can't say no to the lobster bisque when it's on the menu.

Perfection on a crisp fall day.

Maple salmon with ricotta ravioli, yes please!

Someone was happy to be home.

BRISK fall swim with the neighbors.

It's been in the 30s at night (brrr!) so watching the heat rise from the lake is the saddest. 

A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life" -Coco Chanel-

My hair place is next to the yummiest little bakery so I grabbed a cinnamon roll muffin for G and I to share Saturday morning.

Cleaned up nicely for our sweet mentee couples' wedding.

One of the most beautiful ceremonies EVER.

The bride is an opera singer and she had friends and family sing opera during the ceremony and I had CHILLS.

See also: that organ!!

We had a few hours before the reception so we grabbed drinks at Black Cat Bistro.

The snacks were pretty tasty too.

It was fun being in East Lansing during the MSU game because when we scored the whole town cheered (yet we lost so we didn't experience that often).

Fall into a good book.

G and I walked around EL and the MSU campus and it brought back memories of my college days.

We grabbed drinks at State Room to finish off a fun afternoon in East Lansing.

Spartan spotting. 

Go green!

Go white!

Picture with Sparty.

Awww the Resslers are married!!!

I love love.

This sign was so cute.

The view from the reception hall was Spartan stadium!

How cool is that?!

Dinner was delicious.

While these two lovebirds were dancing G said "they grow up so fast." 

Haha!

We polkaed, did the anniversary dance (and saw the most couples I've ever seen still on the dance floor at 45 years!) and her brother danced with her and spun her so fast and I caught her mid twirl.

Spartan stadium at night.

The wedding was such a blast.

There was so much love, laughter, dancing and celebration. 

We even ran into our other mentee couple (ha!).

It was the best day!

Always.

"Give thanks in all circumstances."

Focus on what you can control.

So true.

The sweetest.

Deep!

I remember those days.

This is why I don't like fall...

It just means winter is coming.

I feel seen.

This is so ME.

LOL.

Be patient with yourself.

This may be my favorite meme of the year.

This made me literally laugh out loud. 

So basic.

For more life lately:

Week 39 of 2019

Week 39 of 2020

Week 39 of 2021

No comments: