Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Life Lately: Week 30

 This is what the past week looked like.

Summer nights.

My little shadow while I work.

That red sky though...

Turned to peachy yellow skies.

G and I have been stretching together in the mornings and on this particular day Manny was trying to get as close to G as possible.

It was the sweetest.

9:12 a.m.

10:12 a.m.

He lives a good life, ha!

Lunch at Brickstone Brewery on the way to a supplier visit.

Sunflower field spotting.

My home for a few days.

Traveling with friends is fun.

This sangria marg was pretty darn tasty. 

Filet is always a good idea.

After dinner I swam a few laps in the pool. 

Selfie with my sweet coworker.

Panera sandwiches are the best.

Downtown Decatur. 

Dinner at The Decatur Club.

After dinner drinks at Burger Theory.

Still thinking about this hashbrown casserole from Cracker Barrel

Driving back to the office was eventful.

A car started to merge onto the highway from the shoulder and the semi in the right lane had to quickly get over so this car could merge...

Then the highway merged to one lane and this same car didn't realize (??) and started hitting the wooden construction barriers and wood started flying all over the road.

I'm thankful my coworker remained calm (I was freaking out!) and was able to slow down, merge onto the shoulder to avoid the flying debris and get us back to the office safely. 

I wish I had a before picture because it was bad, but G surprised me and spent four hours cleaning the garage while I was gone and I could not love it more.

Manny at golden hour.

I had high expectations for this book, but it fell flat for me.

Tuna sandwiches are my jam.

Sweet dreaming.

These pictures my dad captured are just too cool not to share.

A sweet mentee couple came over and we talked the night away over Sultan's Mediterranean.

That ear though.

Caught up on RHOBH and it's a little cringy, but I can't stop/won't stop.

He is just so cute when he sleeps.

Floating is all I wanna do.

BJ's Brewhouse couscous mac and cheese is a favorite.

Last day being 38.

Lakaholic.

Captain Jovie.

Such a good reminder.

Yes please.

I hope I always choose growth.

Make it worth it.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

I feel seen.

G and I were laughing because this is so him.

Yes!

Love this because I'm not great at just being.

I'm always thinking about what's next, but I'm making a conscious effort to let things just be.

As my therapist says, it takes practice. Enjoy the moment you are in and the luxury of time and decide what you want to do with it.

This took me a minute to get, but then I literally laughed out loud. 

Guilty.

I have bags of clothes for donation in my closet that I need to actually donate once and for all. 

I love a good dad joke.

Accurate.

I don't love math, but I love a good pun.

For more life lately:

Week 30 of 2019

Week 30 of 2020

Week 30 of 2021

No comments: