Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Life Lately: Week 31 (Part 1)

 This is what the past week looked like.

Find the beauty in every day.

It was a stormy Monday so I spent my day off on the porch blogging and reading.

I bought myself flowers.

Happy hour.


Leftover Mediterranean for lunch.

Walking the streets of East Lansing. 

Selfie with my love.

The Graduate is such a cool hotel.

G and I went to the Rock Bar on the eleventh floor. 

Michigan State University views.

Our cocktails were so pretty. 

I loved the floors in the elevator. 

MSU for life.

Capitol spotting. 

Greetings from Lansing.

We went to dinner at Bowdie's Chophouse.

This is 39.

Red wine is the best accompaniment to steak.

Best. Steak. Ever.

It was so flavorful and delicious. 

I want to explore Lansing more often.

It's such a cool, underrated city.

Love Lansing.

Since it was my birthday they gave us this delicious dessert to go.

He loves a head rub, ha!

Birthday sunset.

Tuesday was sunny and hot so I spent most of the day reading a good book and floating.

G brought home my favorite salad for dinner.

Wednesday morning we dropped Manny off at his dog sitter's and headed out on vacation.

Even Torch Lake turns Spartan green.

As a Spartan I appreciate this mug (and was the only one at the table to get it, how did the server know?;))

Lunch at Dockside on Torch Lake was a great way to kick off the family vacation.

Love my tribe.

Checking into our home away from home for the next few days.

This house was huge and so gorgeous, but we spent most of our time out on the back porch/backyard area playing yard games, drinking coffee, eating meals, happy hour and making bonfires.

Not a bad view.

These pictures don't even do it justice, but the house was so beautifully decorated.

The fridge was humongous!

State of the art kitchen.

Ella found a live(!!) (large!!) bat in the house.

Jess was MVP of the weekend for calmly capturing it and taking it outside.

I'm pretty sure he or she was more terrified of us because the entire time Jess was taking it outside it made this high pitched squealing sound.

Ella and Benny checked on the bat later in the evening and he or she was gone and hopefully reunited with family (and not back in the house, ha!).

Cheers to vacay!

Nowland Lake is bigger than our lake, but not as deep.

I loved the quality time with these two kiddos.

Could they be any cuter?

We went to dinner at The Back Lot.

We ate from Grill Chasers and it was amazing.


The dinner views were pretty great too.

The sunset took my breath away.

Taking a picture of my dad taking a picture, ha!

The pop of pink and orange though.

Mind blown.

I don't schedule time to cry, but the rest are completely accurate. 

Wise words.

Yes!

Aca-scuse me?

And winter lasts four years.

It's funny because it's true.

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow!

No comments: