Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Life Lately: Week 24

 This is what the past week looked like.

Oh hey!

Sunrise walks.

Introduced G to the deliciousness of Popeyes.

I had a meeting with a coworker in Australia and looking at her computer date made me laugh because it's the future.

Baked tofu with Trader Joe's Curry sauce and cauliflower rice is a delightful lunch.

G brought me coffee.


Heat wave hit Michigan and I am here for it.

Hello Fresh Dill Tenderloin with green beans and couscous.

He brings me flowers.

Sushi is always a great idea.

Went to lunch with a coworker and ran into some guys I used to work with.

Those suuuuu-mmerrrrr niiiiiights.

One of our mentee couples texted this sweet pic of their new kitten.

They are huge Hamilton fans too so they named him Aaron Purr.

Cheers to the weekend!

Dog days of summer.

Game night at our neighbors' house.

I have been stocking up when I go into work so there were Pop-Tarts, Pringles, Rice Krispy Treats, etc.

They opened the pantry doors and B exclaimed "Look at all this deliciousness!" 

These kids loved the hot tub. 

They loved swimming in the lake, but I think they loved the hot tub even more.

A simple beautiful life.

After swimming we took the kiddos to Meijer to each pick out a toy and then to this cute little diner downtown.

Bennett and G were very into the word search on the placemat. 

I love these goof balls.

After lunch we walked down the street for ice cream.

There was a Summer Market going on across the street so we walked around and saw a Great Dane.

This flower truck is the cutest.

We brought home ice cream for Manny as an early birthday treat.

He is so gentle with the kiddos and they just love him.

Meet Glacier, Ella's new dragon!

Ella said "Glacier is fierce like me."

Aw!

Relaxing.

Benny playing with his new Legos. 

Bennett helped G finish the Manchester United stadium.

The boys put the last few pieces together.

Then B ran outside to get El and I to do the final reveal.

We had Qdoba takeout for dinner.


We ended our fun day with a movie.

We watched Soul and I loved it even more the second time.

Sunday morning started with more Lego playing.

And loving on Manny.

Ella was such a good helper as G prepped to host the whole family.

Morning snugs with B.

Manny's facial expression makes me laugh.

You know it was a great family day when I don't have a single picture.

We were all just fully present with each other.

Talking, laughing, floating, swimming, and playing yard games.

Perfection.

I sent this to G and he said "This is so you! Your creative outlet is floating on the lake with a good book."

He knows me so well.

I feel seen.

I've started using this mantra. 

It's powerful when we change our perspective.



I'm working hard to take the negative thoughts captive and question their validity.

These are important values.

Wise words.

That steering wheel can get HOT.


Yep!

My baby brother is 35, eek!

Ha!

I love a good dad joke.

For more life lately:

Week 24 of 2021

Week 24 of 2020

Week 24 of 2019

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’ve never taken that test, but I must be a one too. All those things sound wonderful.