Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Life Lately: Week 23

This is what the past week looked like.


Sunrise walks with M.


It's just so true though. 


Tuna over salad is a delightful lunch.


I still can't believe this is my backyard.

Somebody pinch me.


Hello Fresh Steakhouse Style Pork Chops.


While I was working this GBH caught a fish and ate it.

It's just National Geographic over here, ha!


How cute is this fairy house at the library?


Hello Fresh Mozzarella and Herb Chicken.


I walked through the Farmer's Market on my lunch.


Selfie in my new shades.


"Love is a risk."


"Truth is powerful and it prevails."


Picked up JJ's on my way back to the office.


He looks like a little cinnamon roll. 


My dad took this picture of a hummingbird and it's just too good not to share.


6:15 a.m.


6:30 a.m.


Budget week is always busy with long hours and I'm glad it's over (until August when it starts again).


I found this salad at Whole Foods and it's so good.


It looks pretty and it's delicious.

I need to see if Aldi has this because I need it again.


Party prep.


Party ready.


My love.


We had G's team over and it was so much fun.

We had a deep conversation about marriage with G's boss and his wife.

One of his coworkers is in her 20s and asked us what a collect call was and we were roaring with laughter.

Good times.


It was the perfect evening to be outside on the lake. 


G made a great fire (because of course he did).


G loves his lights and put these hot tub lights in the lake, ha!

His coworkers joked the lake has eyes.


It was a great night!

Look up!


Our house is magic at night.


We slept in on Saturday, cleaned up, went for a paddleboat ride, floated on the lake, went for a boat ride with our neighbors, and then went back to their house for dinner.


Then we settled in for movie night.


Our neighbors have a huge TV and a popcorn machine so it really was like we were at the movies.

We watched Top Gun (the original) and I have THOUGHTS.

1. Why is everyone so sweaty in the control tower?
2. Maybe because I'm such a Meg Ryan stan, but I feel like she should have been the leading lady.
3. Even though I knew about Goose I still wasn't prepared and still hate the way it all went down.
4. I can't even with Tom Cruise in basically see through white underwear. It was supposed to be a serious scene, but I couldn't stop laughing at the wardrobe choice.
5. What a great movie soundtrack!
6. "Take me to bed or lose me forever" is such a great movie line.


Four helicopters flew by on Sunday which was weird.


Hello Fresh Pork Katsu.


Ended an incredible summer weekend on our neighbors' boat.

See also: Jovie likes G best.


So relaxing.


Still ruminating on this verse from my morning devotional time.


Deep.


Gah I need to stop saying I'm sorry.


A little truth bomb with a little humor.


I spend my first hour in prayer on my sunrise walks with Manny.

How do you spend your first hour of the day?

Get uncomfortable so life can be amazing.


Truth!


Choose gratitude.


Perspective shift.


I feel seen.


This was on our neighborhood FB page and it made me laugh.


This really resonated with me so I'm trying to be more intentional with my social media time.


Totally!

I had my air on and my butt warmers on too while I drove to work and it was glorious.

Awww I had this lil guy.


It's funny because it's true.

For more life lately:



No comments: