Thursday, June 2, 2022

Life Lately: Week 21

 This is what the past week looked like.

Deer spotting. 

Granola fruit bowl is a favorite afternoon snacky snack.

G tilling the beach for the first (of many) times this year.

I'm thankful for our beach, but have I mentioned how much work it is? ;)

Ta-da!

The tilling, weeding, and spraying is a pain... but it's rewarding when the beach looks good (for a minute before we have to do it all again, ha!).

Another week, another quiche.

My therapist is having me read The Worry Cure and this paragraph about worrying actually being overthinking and not feeling the feelings blew my mind.

I'm always talking about "feeling your feelings" and "feeling leads to healing" so to hear that I'm not feeling my feelings took me aback. 

I've been wrestling with it all week actually.

See also: I've been struggling with worry lately to the point it's been keeping me up at night so I finally took advantage of the free therapy my company offers and it's changing my life. I love my therapist and will go to her long after my company stops paying for it. 


My therapist has me questioning my worry with cognitive therapy and naming my feelings with this emotions wheel and it has helped my anxiety so much.

It's powerful to see how much things can change when you name your worries, question it and don't take your thoughts as facts.

Girls just wanna have pho-n.

Sunset nights on the porch are the best.

This guy loves his dad so much... And the belly scratches.

It's a three drink kind of day.

A sweet coworker gave me this travel mug since I buy the soy protein for Morningstar Farms.

Coconut La Croix, a shot of tequila, and a squeeze of lime is my summer drink of choice.

New kicks make all the difference.

My grandpa always said "You spend half your life on your feet and half your life on your back so invest in a good pair of shoes and a good mattress." 

Wise words.

My best friends and I are obsessed with Mel Robbins and were discussing her newsletter about living your life on your terms.

Then I flipped my calendar to this quote and it was timely.

9:58 a.m.

10:48 a.m.

He is living the LIFE while I work like a dog, ha!

I heard this Harvard dermatologist on a podcast recommend retinol for anti-aging so I added this to cart so fast, ha! 

Breaking out my summer candles.

It was storming so Manny was as close as he could get to me.

It's weird because he was never afraid of thunder until old age. 

Date night with my love.

We met friends at Sansu for a fun night.

We shared a bottle of wine.

Delicious food with great company. 

We had so much fun that after dinner our friends ended up coming over for a drink on the porch after dinner.

We introduced them to French 75s and talked the night away.

Coffee tastes better on weekends.

Hello Fresh's Sesame Soy Bowl.

Those orange skies though!

Living his best life.

We spotted blue birds at my parents house a couple weeks ago and then we spotted this blue bird on our deck.

Such a pretty bird.

Sky on fire.

Being so basic with my avocado toast.

This year/month/week has been hard and heavy.

It can't keep being this way.

I took action and you can too by going to Everytown.

Excellent question.

Such a great idea.

Love this.

"We start everything from a place of not knowing."

In case you needed the reminder.

So true.

Yes!

Convicting.

Lol.

That is terrifying. 

I can relate to this with Manny.

So funny.

Life. Goals.

For more life lately:

Week 21 of 2019

Week 21 of 2020

Week 21 of 2021

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s so amazing your work offers free therapy! What a valuable tool.