Hello, summer. I've missed you! It's my favorite time of the year. Can you believe I've been setting goals for a year now?! Lets see what I plan to accomplish this month.
1. Take a day trip to Lake Michigan. I haven't seen Lake Michigan since January when it was frozen and freezing. It's been too long! There are so many adorable beach towns on the west side and I'm just itching to get over there and spend a day laying on the beach. Exploring a city. Eating good food.
2. Clear out the flower beds in the front yard. There are a few weeds that have just taken over the landscape in our front yard and we need to spend a day clearing it out. Laying down mulch. I think our two rose bushes are dead because I haven't seen a single bud yet. Maybe too much trimming last year? They need to go. The thorns on those things are no joke.
3. Only watch TV for as many minutes as I worked out. I read this idea somewhere and really liked it. I started doing this last month and thought I would share it here because I want to hold myself accountable to do it again this month. I usually don't want TV during the week or on Saturdays and end up binge watching TV on Sundays. Not sure if that is the best way to do it but I do walk an hour a day and that adds up to some good TV time, ha!
4. Read 3 books. I'm a reading machine lately and I love it. Next on my list are The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke and Lies You Wanted to Hear by James Whitfield Thomson.
5. Lose eight pounds this month. I'm running with Manny before work, walking on lunch and following The 21 Day Fix so I should see a big loss this month.
6. Savor the season. Summer is my favorite time of the year and it always goes too quick. I want to live in each moment. Go to the farmers market. Eat watermelon. Swim at the lake. Grill out. Eat dinner on the deck. Read outside. Go garage saling. Make pasta salad. Enjoy every moment of summer that I possibly can.
What are your goals this month?