2. Lose eight pounds this month. You would think I would reach this goal since my eating has been on point and I've worked out hard every single day but you would be wrong. I started rereading my old posts from when I lost a bunch of weight right after I got married to learn from my past self. I was running and even though I'm not a huge fan of running the weather has been beautiful so I started that up again to see if that moves the scale down quicker.
3. Follow 21 Day Fix. I followed it exactly for 14 days and then followed it loosely the last week. I didn't lose as much weight as I expected (or only a pound!!) but I restarted this week and am following it exactly for the full 21 days. I really enjoyed eating clean and I plan to continue eating this way. I didn't miss carbs and dairy as much as I thought I would. I still get carbs and dairy which is a plus. I couldn't go without them. I just couldn't get over how good I felt. I have followed the exercise program and I really enjoy the workouts. They are only 30 minutes and I always get a great sweat going. Great program!
4. Make one new recipe a month. This is not a hard goal but yet I still did not accomplish it. We did eat in a lot this month. We have been grilling 5 to 6 days a week. Love summertime! I guess I'm just embracing that I don't enjoy cooking and that's okay. G does and that works for us.
6. Check out a few new churches. We tried out one of the two churches we wanted to try this month AND we are starting a small group with friends from work on Wednesday nights. We are reading The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller. Back on track and it feels good!
7. Drink less coffee. I cut back from two large cups a day to one large cup a day. Progress! Surprisingly the first few days were hard. I felt really tired. But now I don't even miss the second cup.
How did you do with your goals this month?