Thursday, April 30, 2015

May Goals

I can't believe it's almost May! The weather needs to get its act together and I think this weekend it finally will. They are calling for sunshine and 70s. YES PLEASE! Lets take a look at my goals for this new month that is upon us...

1. Clean and organize the guest closet. Since I didn't get this done last month or the month before that it's time to check it off this month once and for all. 

2. Lose eight pounds this month. I need to get stricter with my diet if I want to be bikini ready this summer. I don't know what happened in April, but I need to re-evaluate my diet and exercise plan and start losing two pounds a week. Since I'm starting The 21 Day Fix in May I think I can reach this goal. Nothing like some unflattering Facebook pictures to give me a wake up call!

3. Follow 21 Day Fix. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the 21 Day Fix Extreme to get more serious with my diet plan. I've been thinking about trying it for months and now just seemed like the right time to start. I want to follow it super strict for at least 21 days and see how it goes. After that I might keep going strict if I'm seeing great results or I might go strict during the week and be a little looser on the weekends. We'll see. I'm just ready to start seeing big changes and start eating less processed foods. I'm getting headaches more often and I'm wondering if dairy and/or processed foods play a part so I want to try this diet plan out and see if I noticed a change. I'm excited!

4. Make one new recipe a month. I think a new recipe a week was too overwhelming so I'm going to aim to just make one new recipe this month. I think that is doable. Hopefully that will inspire me to get back into my cooking groove. If you have a favorite recipe you love to make I would love for you to share! 

5. Read 3 books this month. This is my favorite goal. I look forward to what three books I'm going to get to read each month. I usually read Saturday and Sunday mornings and every night during the week. I really try not to watch TV during the week so I always try and find great books I can get lost in. This month I'm reading The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown, The Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking by Kate Payne, and I think I might reread Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel.


6. Check out a few new churches. This month I want to be more intentional about this. I keep putting it off and I don't know why. What am I so afraid of? Maybe it's just the effort I know goes into putting yourself out there. Making new friends. Cultivating new relationships. It's work. But it will be worth it so I need to remember that and push myself to get out there and be brave.

7. Drink less coffee. I started a bad habit of drinking about 3 cups of coffee in the morning. One while I did my devotional. Then two after my workout with G. And the occasional latte in the afternoon. I recently read a study that drinking one cup of coffee a day was good for your liver, but drinking more than two cups could cause severe liver damage. YIKES. That really freaked me out so I'm going to try and wean myself off coffee and get back to one small cup of coffee a day. 


8. Take Manny to the lake. There is this great park about 20 minutes from our house with a gorgeous lake and nature trails. G and I used to go all the time when we were dating, but we just don't go as much anymore. We talked about taking Manny all last year and never did so with the weather starting to warm up I want to plan a Saturday and take him. I know he will just love it! And I know we will too.

What are your goals this month?

No comments: