Thursday, June 5, 2014

June Goals

Erin at Blue-Eyed Bride sets monthly goals and shares them to hold herself accountable. I love the idea so I thought I would share my goals for this month. I need the accountability because I know far too well how quickly summer flies by. I don't want to look back in September wishing I had done more to fully enjoy summer. So if I plan my summer months out now I won't be scratching my head in September wondering where the time went! Without further ado, here is my list of goals for June.

1. Do a morning devotional every morning. Since my hours changed and I have an extra hour I have started doing a morning devotional again and I forgot how much I love doing these! I want to incorporate some prayer journaling in that time as well. 

2. Read three books a month. I love to read and get abnormally excited about starting a new book, but too often find myself reading magazines. They just aren't the same. It's time to step it up and read more books! This month I read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. One down, 2 to go!

3. Take one day trip a month. Michigan really is a gorgeous state and we are only 2 hours away from some great little beach towns so we plan to take full advantage of that this summer.

4. Host a couple once a week. I wrote about my thoughts on hosting here and have really enjoyed opening our home once a week to family. Old friends. New friends. It has really been a blast connecting and serving others. 

5. Walk Manny every morning. With the extra time in the mornings I also started taking Manny for long walks before work instead of after. I am really enjoying this time. I put on the Contemporary Christian Pandora station and spend the 45 minutes worshiping and praying. It is such a nice way to start the day. Also? Manny is beat afterwards and asleep in his kennel before we are even out the door which makes it much easier to leave him.

6. Cook one new recipe a week. I have been making my favorite crock pot recipes the last few months and we are getting bored of them. I found this awesome website of easy crock pot recipes that gave me just the inspiration I need to start making a new recipe a week. I'm pumped! Get ready for reviews on these soon!

7. One date night a week with G. We work together. We drive together. We hang out on the weekends. We are one of those odd couples that just love being together all the time. But we have found just because we are together all the time doesn't mean we are spending quality time together. And it certainly doesn't mean we should stop doing extra special stuff together. We used to be really intentional about our date nights and trying new restaurants or hiking at a favorite park or having a picnic. But, as we have found out, if you stop being intentional you stop doing it. So I want to add this and start being intentional again about our time together.

What are your goals this month?

3 comments:

Anne said...

Happy to help you meet your weekly hosting goal this weekend :)

mags said...

What a great post! I really should set some goals. You're so right - it's going to be September before I know it, and I'll be wondering where the summer went...time to set some goals. Thanks again for a great post.

renrich10 said...

I love this post! And I think I'm going to write out my summer goals as well! It is definitely a good thing to not waste the summer. These warm months go by way too quickly!