Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe


Sometimes I make a recipe so easy, so fast and so delicious I just have to share it with you. I have to share because sometimes a link in a post just isn't enough. This is a fancy enough meal that I have made it for Easter and just let it cook while we were at church and it is simple enough that it is a great meal to make during the week. Also? It makes excellent leftovers. The recipe is from AllRecipes, which has never let me down.

Marie's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Ingredients
4 pounds chuck roast
Salt and pepper to taste
1 packet dry onion soup mix
3 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 potoates, peeled and cubed
1 cup water
1 stalk celery, chopped



Directions
  1. Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat, about 4 minutes per side.
  2. Place the roast in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes, and celery.
  3. Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours
My revisions
I don't brown the roast in a skillet. I spray Pam in my crock pot and put the meat and potatoes in first. I have cooked this on high for 5 hours before and low for 10 hours when we are going out the door to church. I don't think anyone even missed the skillet step. It is so tender and juicy and so. much. easier. Trust me on this! You will not regret it. Such a great recipe! I serve it over brown rice with a side salad. 

No comments: