Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ten on Tuesday


1. We had another perfect weekend around here. Friday and Saturday there was a lot of deck sitting. The weather was perfect for that. Sunny, 80s. LOVE.

2. I woke up at 7:30 Saturday morning which NEVER happens. But I was super productive. By 1:00 G and I had drank our coffee on the deck together. G mowed the front and back. I took Manny for a 3 mile walk and did Level 2 of The Shred. I cleaned the entire house. It felt good to work hard and it felt even better to relax after everything was done!



3. We rewarded ourselves with some chips and salsa and a Jose Cuervo Light Margarita. Side note: Not my fave margarita. I had to add tons of ice and fill half the glass up with water because it was just too sweet. Skinny Girl Margs are the best, and I won't ever deviate from that. It was still a nice treat while I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening devouring Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? It is such a good, quick and easy summer read. I enjoyed it immensely. I think Mindy and I would be BFFs if we lived by each other or, you know, if our paths ever crossed. She is hilarious!



4. Sunday I woke up at 7:30 again. What is up with that?! I was super productive again and made a breakfast casserole for us, took Manny for a walk and did Level 2 of The Shred again. Then we went to church. It was such a good talk. We had just paid for G's next semester of school so hearing the pastor talk about paying now and playing later was just what we needed to hear. After church my parents stopped over for lunch and we sat on the deck catching up and hanging out. After they left we found Manny sprawled out on the floor. I guess all that excitement tired him out! My parents left around 3:30 so G and I went back outside and I finished my book. This book was just the light, fun reading I needed after The Fault in Our Stars! We made dinner around 6 and caught up on our shows. It was just the low key weekend I needed.



5. So last Wednesday we came home from work to find Manny's collar on the floor of his kennel and the clasp completely chewed up. I know some of this is user error, but sheesh! He ate that plastic and was super lethargic the rest of Wednesday. We were pretty worried about him, but he was back to his normal self by Thursday.



6. We had to buy him his third collar in the 8 months we have had him (his Man U collar just broke on it's own, though we are second guessing that now!). We settled on this camouflage collar and I think he looks pretty handsome, no?



7. Speaking of Manny, he LOVES spinach. He loves carrots and cheese and peanut butter. But spinach is totally his jam right now. We fill up his treat ball with a few leaves of spinach and he goes nuts for it!




8. Monday morning the freeway to work was closed due to an accident so we had to take the back roads. I don't know why, but the back roads make me extremely happy. I love seeing all the farm land. This time we had a tractor in front of us. I loved that more than a normal person should!!! I should have been a country girl. I couldn't help singing "If I'm gonna hit a traffic jam, well it better be a tractor man" the rest of the drive to work. If you aren't a country fan, this is Rodney Atkins' song Take a Back Road. I dare you to listen to it and NOT want to be on the back roads!

9. Ever since American Idol ended I have started listening to Paramore (they performed at the finale) and I'm kind of obsessed with them! I'm such a fan right now I started a Pandora Paramore station and it's my go-to station for working out right now.

10. It is so nice to be known. Last Wednesday I was in a super grumpy mood. It was for the dumbest reasons too. I woke up later than I wanted. I was having a fat day and nothing in my closet fit right. I was driving and it was pouring rain. Total first world problems, I know. G could tell I was cranky so he pulled out his phone and played "Love is an Open Door" from Frozen and it completely turned my mood around. I just love that he knew me and he knew how to cheer me up. Love that man of mine.

3 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

yumm! we had margaritas on the deck this weekend too! You have to try fresh squeezed instead of bottled, you can make them even healthier than skinny girl and without any added sugar or preservatives! My favorite recipe is:

2oz Tequila
1oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (about 1.5 limes)
.75oz Triple Sec
.25oz Agave Syrup

Shake hard over ice and strain into a half-salt rimmed glass. So good! If you don't have triple sec, make it .75oz of Agave Syrup and add a splash of water in the shaker.

Lauren said...

I am loving the patio weather right now...I just wish our schedule would calm down a bit so we could enjoy our back patio a bit more! Next week promises to slow down and I can't wait!

Kenya said...

Manny is so cute though!