Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Life Lately: Week 19

 This is what the past week looked like.

Falafel and avocado salad.

My sweet Manny.

He turns ten next month so I'm realizing I only have a few more years with him...

But then we found a lump on his chest and we are freaked out and anxiously awaiting his vet appointment (and praying it's nothing to worry about). 

Slow cooker stew with our new mentee couple. 

I can't believe I won Shay's beach bag giveaway, so exciting!

As we (im)patiently wait for Manny's vet appointment we have been giving him extra love and extra treats. 

When it's 80 degrees outside I move my office outside. 

Just the prettiest flowers spotted on a walk with M and my neighbors. 

This feta dip is AMAZING. 

In office day. 

Not even mad that he's on the couch without a blanket, ha!

Spring has sprung.

Patio sitting season is HERE!

G and I had Friday afternoon off so we went to our little downtown for lunch and then tried a new coffee shop. 

The sweet barista gave Manny a pup cup.

He loved it, of course. 

We had supper club (or Marriage Club as our mentees are calling it) and discussed this video.

It's a great video on what the actual work of marriage looks like and I highly recommend it.

Tomato Brothers breadsticks.

If you know, you know. 

This book was a little long, but a fun read.

First boat ride of the year with our neighbors. 

We started watching Shrinking and are obsessed.

I had heard it was better than Ted Lasso so there was a lot of hype and it lived up to it.

It's serious, heartwarming, and laugh out loud funny.

Jovie girl.

My boys.

Find the beauty in the mundane. 

He's the cutest.

Sunday funday with two of my favorites.

Gift shop find that made me laugh.

Wicked!!!

I haven't seen it since 2011 and I forgot a lot of the story.

It was SO. GOOD.

Confirmed it's still in my top three musicals of all time (along with Hamilton and Rent).

Ella loved it too and wanted to listen to the soundtrack after the show. 

We drove by one of the apartments I lived in (and worked!) back when I went to MSU. 

What a blast from the past.

After the show we went to AI Fusion for dinner.

Ella loved watching the fish (and the soccer game).

My pomegranate martini was delightful. 

I heart sushi (and the company).

I didn't even tell her to do this, she's just that awesome!

After dinner we headed to the Dairy Store for ice cream.

I highly recommend the lavender honey ice cream. 

Future Spartan?

THIS.

Yes to all of this.

Perspective shift. 

Still thinking about this.

A good reminder.

Is that too much to ask? ;)

Agreed!

Bahahaha.

For more life lately:

Week 19 of 2019

Week 19 of 2020

Week 19 of 2021

Week 19 of 2022

No comments: