Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Life Lately: Week 13

 This is what the past week looked like.

It was a full and fun week.

The weather was warm enough to sit outside with a warm beverage.

Taco Tuesday, but on a Monday.

I just finished The Highly Sensitive Person and it was very enlightening. 

The couch is eating him.

Dua Vino is the prettiest.

Ladies who lunch.

Jess and I both had the Seafood Salad and it was incredible. 

Neither of us had tried calamari that wasn't fried before and it was fantastic. 

Even the bathrooms were beautiful.

Exploring downtown South Lyon.

Orange snake.

Lavender Lotus Latte (say that three times fast, ha!). 

I love a good mural. 

Sister sister. 

Pretty sure I need this salad bowl.

Twisted Cork Winery for my mom's cookie decorating class. 

See also: so proud of her!

Ready to decorate.

Not your typical Tuesday. 

Charcuterie in a cup.

Confession: my friend Maggie was the star of the class so I took pictures of her cookies instead of mine, ha!

The star of the class (and me).

See what I mean?

Maggie was my mom's favorite and Jess and I were okay with it. 

We had fun and that's what counts, right?

I'm a sucker for twinkle lights.

"The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way."

Hahaha.

After a successful and fun class we went to Witch's Hat Brewing Company for dinner.

I'm still thinking about the dill pickle aioli.

We caught a gorgeous sunset when we got back to my parents' house.

Meanwhile, G sent me this pic at the lake.

Jess and I spent the night at my parents' house and went to Lucas Coney Island for breakfast before heading home.

On Thursday I headed into the office for a supplier visit.

Downtown Battle Creek. 

We ate lunch at Clara's on the River.

What's his problem?

This book was such a fun and cute read.

While in Battle Creek I picked up takeout from Kitchen Proper for dinner.

I took down the winter décor and decided it was time for a new shower curtain. 

Did I mention this week was full? ;) I didn't get to the gym at all, gah!

Workouts of the week:

Monday - 2.9 mile walk

Tuesday - 0.84 mile walk

Wednesday - 2.95 mile walk

Thursday - 2.88 mile walk

Friday - 5.26 miles total walking Manning and cleaning the house

Saturday - Rest day

Sunday - 1.21 mile walk

Look for beauty in the mundane. 

I bought this cute sign at the winery earlier this week.

I tried a loose leaf tea and I see why it's better.

First supper club of the year with friends.

April showers.

I even switched out my phone's home screen because it's raining a lot here.

G tried making poached eggs for the first time and they were delicious. 

Peak of sunshine after a rainy day.

G and I finished Daisy Jones (and loved it).

Since it was loosely based on Stevie Nicks' life we watched Oprah's Masterclass with Stevie Nicks and highly recommend it.

Luna the loon is back.

This tea set up means it's time for premarital mentoring. 

G made this veggie quiche and I thought it was the best quiche he ever made and he thought it was his worst.

Our mentee couple loved it so I think it's worth a try. 

I've been on the fence about reading this because I just love Friends (and Chandler) so much and didn't want it to taint my view of the show. 

I'm not finished, but it's not my favorite memoir because it's incredibly heartbreaking to read about the big terrible thing. 

He's all legs.

"Experience life."

Ban assault rifles. 

What a lovely and practical concept. 

Yes to this.

Deep.

This was a nice reminder as I get closer to turning 40.

I refuse.

This was a good reminder because I'm always putting pressure on myself to be ahead of where I'm at.

Sunshine mindset.

Life is brutiful

This hit home for me because in college when I was stressed I would turn on "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston and my roommates and I would get on our desk chairs and dance it out.

It's funny because it's true.

This made me laugh way too hard.



I feel seen.

Brilliant idea!

Accurate.

YES.

Sounds about right.

Totally my toxic trait.

Lol.

For more life lately:

Week 13 of 2019

Week 13 of 2020

Week 13 of 2021

Week 13 of 2022

No comments: