Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Life Lately: Week 49

 This is what the past week looked like.

Pickling. 

Wine of the day paired well with dinner...

Dinner was falafel and hummus.

Our sweet mentee couple brought us this thoughtful Christmas gift.

It's so fun seeing the wine of the day (and there hasn't been one we haven't liked, but we are behind).

Air fryer success!

Merry Christmas to me.

I really wanted the Apple watch to track my swims at the gym so I'm excited to play around with it and see how far I swim.

Those ears get me every single time.

Silent night, holy night.

Finally tried a Crumbl cookie and they are delicious and make meetings fun.

Schlotzky's is AMAZINGGGG.

Christmas cocktail.

Go Morocco! 

And Croatia beat Brazil!

It is so fun seeing the underdogs win.

G made potato skins from scratch in the air fryer for the game and they were delightful.

Risk taking squirrel.

G was telling one of our mentee couples about our first married Christmas when we got stockings and we were so excited to fill them up each day so we could open together on Christmas...

Fast forward to Christmas and I totally forgot and my stocking was full and G's was empty.

Wife. Fail.

So our mentees told us to get stockings this Christmas and it's been fun filling it up and redeeming myself. :)

I love a decaf coffee moment on weekend afternoons while I read blogs.

Did you watch the Meghan and Harry documentary?

We're getting serious about pickle ball because we now own paddles and balls.

Twinkle lights bring me joy.

I love the Christmas wreath on the spare tire.

Our fave sushi place is too close to the gym, but we made a pact that every Sunday we are going to try a new restaurant after the gym.

Gave myself a pedicure.

All is calm, all is bright.

It's funny because I didn't like season 1 of White Lotus and didn't plan on watching season 2 until my parents mentioned how good it was and we got HOOKED.

We binged it and discussed ad nauseam our theories on who died. 

What did you think of the finale? I agree with all of what Comments by Celebs said in their finale deep dive.

Yes!

Love this.

Good reminder.

Deep.

Don't get stuck in the details.

It's almost new goal setting season and I am here for it.

Awww. 

Modern woman energy. 

Whew, I think I needed to hear this during budget week.

Even when life is complicated you need to learn to find the joy because life will always be hard. 

This is funny because it's true.

This made me laugh and maybe that's because I saw this mid week when budgets were especially stressful and I wanted to give up...

But I didn't! 

I finished strong. 

So good!

I had to explain to G that this is funny because when girls compliment each other on a dress we reply "thanks, it has pockets.'"

LOVE THIS SO MUCH.

Life was messy this week with budgets but it all worked out. 



This bird is precious.

Yes please.

After budget week we should get mimosas delivered by puppies.

For sure they count. 



*Shutters*

LOL.

This is so true.

We went to Walmart for my Apple Watch and it was so stressful. 

It was crowded, everything was unorganized, and the employees were rude.

We left the store cranky and I didn't buy the watch for another week of online shopping looking for the best deal and reading reviews. 

Pretty much.

For more life lately:

Week 49 of 2019

Week 49 of 2020

Week 49 of 2021

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet & spicy is my favorite!!