Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Life Lately: Week 7

This is what the past week looked like.


Mood this week.


I love that G brings me coffee each week.

It makes me feel loved and cared for.


We got about ten inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday.


Teriyaki tofu with cauliflower rice.


We celebrated our thirteenth (!!) anniversary.

Look at those babies!



Pre dinner cocktails at our favorite restaurant in our little town.

Bonus: We had the entire restaurant to ourselves.


We shared a wine flight with dinner.


We had such a sweet time reflecting on the past year and dreaming and planning for the future.


I had the sweet potato lasagna and it was DELICIOUS.


Our server kindly brought us each a free dessert for our anniversary.

G said it was the best carrot cake he ever had because it tasted like something his oma used to make him thirty years ago.


We watched our wedding video like we do on every anniversary.

I don't know if it's because we are in the thick of premarital mentoring, but our pastor's sermon from our ceremony really hit us hard this year.


It's been cold here, but I'm not complaining because my heart is just breaking for Texas right now.


Pink skies.



Make this chili!!

It was amazing.


My neighbors are funny.


This is so good!


Honey and garlic chicken.

I wasn't a big fan, but G loved it.


The lake effect everyone loves.


Whew, this was a heavy read and took me most of the month to finish.

It was heartbreaking, but hopeful and I'm glad I read it.


G brought me flowers.

Swooooooon.


I was in a chat with Chewy.com about my order and the rep said "Hugs to Manny."

Bahahaha.

You probably know this, but buying heartworm is cheaper then at the vet through Chewy.com by about $4 per pill.


Scrabble Saturday.


That leg cross though.


My neighbor came over with her paint samples and helped us pick colors for the basement.


I had originally thought we would paint the kitchen walls a turquoise because it goes with the mustard yellow backsplash.

But my neighbor showed me videos painting the backsplash tiles and that changed everything.

Now I want to paint the backsplash white and the walls a light gray with some dark gray/dark blue accents.


This is kind of the look I'm going for.


Chicken tikka masala takeout.


Manny living his best life while we watched American Idol.



Love this.



Good reminder.


It's so comforting to know He hears us.


This brewery rocks.
.


Community business owner GOALS.


So true.


As we near the year anniversary of living in a pandemic it's more important than ever to take care of ourselves and find things that bring joy.


If this doesn't make you smile I don't know what will.


Exactly.


Ha!


I've also seen Tik Toks on this.

So funny.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers to Texas!


I love this so much.


My boss sent this and I'm pulling for it.


I feel seen.


This is definitely how winter is going.


This takes me back.


Bahahaha!


I am SHOOK that the side part, skinny jeans and the laughing emoji are out of style now.

For more life lately:

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wait since when do turquoise and mustard yellow go together!? Lol 😂 glad you can paint them, sounds much better!
Those memes, too funny, although we better not have to wait till 2022 for change!!