1. Follow Weight Watchers. I started the first few weeks of the month going strong. Walking Manny and exercising. Tracking everything I ate and staying on track. The second half of the month I did not track as often and didn't move as much. Blame it on G's birthday and lots of celebrating, but the scale reflected not being diligent and I'm ready to get back on track. I think I'm going to start weighing in weekly, taking progress pictures and maybe even sharing my progress each week to hold myself accountable. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in that?
3. Read three books a month. I read three fun books and one self-development book. You can find the review here. I enjoyed reading for fun and to better myself. Next month I would like to read two books for fun, one book for self-development and one book for spiritual development.
4. Move fifteen minutes everyday. The temps had been much warmer (high 30s/40s) so I enjoyed walking Manny. We are averaging about four hour long walks and three thirty minute walks a week and I look forward to it every day. I put in my ear phones and listen to a great podcast (you can find my faves here) and the time flies.
6. Find a new church community. I think we found our new church home (insert praise hands!). We loved our old church (and still listen to podcast sermons), but the location by our house was a satellite and we found it far too easy to watch online from the comfort of our own home since we would just be watching a screen at church. But we were feeling disconnected and craving community. There is a church we used to drive by on our way home from a friends' house only about 10 minutes down the road from us we had been wanting to try. We ended up going at the start of their new series on Relationships and fell in love with the church. With the worship music. With the people. The services. The sermons. The pastor. We researched the values and beliefs and they aligned with what we believe and are just smitten. We get excited every Sunday for church and it just feels good. We missed it so much. The next step is researching small groups and joining one.
8. Do one house project a month. This month we started out easy and just focused on deep cleaning the main floor. We washed the fans, lights, walls and ceiling. Scrubbed the windows and moved furniture to clean as well. It isn't fun, but gosh it feels good when it's done.
What did you guys accomplish in January? What are your goals for February? Would you be interested in a weekly Weight Watcher post?