Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Life Lately


Last Wednesday was G's 35th birthday. On his birthday eve he had mentioned he was craving Cajun pasta so I made it for him. All by myself! I was so proud of myself and he loved it. Woohoo!



We celebrated by hanging out in Ann Arbor. The birthday boy was craving Indian food so we went to Cardamom. It was a cool little restaurant with amazing reviews so we were excited.



We had samosas to start and they were so good. A little spicy, but delicious. G loved them so much he ordered more to go, ha!



I had the Tikka Masala and it was everything. Maybe the best I ever had. So rich and flavorful and comforting. Perfect on a cold day!



G had the Thalis lunch: an Indian philosophy of eating that dictates a complete meal encompasses all five tastes: sweet, sour, spicy, bitter, and salty. It was amazing. G was in heaven. He loved it and he felt like Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods tasting his way through his meal. He had a blast eating his food and proclaimed it one of the best meals he ever had. A birthday success! We will definitely be back!





G surprised me last Thursday with sushi and flowers. Two of my favorite things!!! He is seriously the best, you guys.



Friday was super fun. I was able to meet up with a good friend for lunch, walk with my bff and get coffee and work on the blog. Perfection!


Friday got even better with a girls night with my favorites. Much needed and so good for the soul.




Brit was the hostess with the mostess. She hosted at her gorgeous new house and the theme was a throw back to elementary school lunch. There was Hi-C, make your own grilled cheese station, and yummy Little Debbie desserts. Everything was delicious. It was a great night with great friends.


Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and achy. I knew it was only a matter of time. G has been sick and I usually get what he has. So it was a low key day. I drank copious amounts of tea and read The Woman in Cabin 10 (which I'm loving!). That evening G and I watched Money Monster and we both enjoyed it.




Sunday we went to church and out to lunch. The service was so good. The pastor's son spoke about healthy boundaries marrieds and singles should have to flee temptation. It was a great talk and reassuring to see most of the boundaries G and I already have in place. (Maybe I should do a post about that, actually. Anyone interested?)  After church we were both craving sushi and it hit the spot.


We grocery shopped after church. Then came home and took Manny for a quick walk and I read and drank more tea. I'm obsessed with this Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea right now.


Sunday evening G grilled veggies and steaks for dinner. YUM! Bless his heart for grilling on a cold, snowy evening. It was delicious and we have leftovers for lunches, bonus!

So that is life lately. Celebrating G's birthday. Girls night. Church. Getting over being sick. Grilling. What's new with you? Should I do a post about G and I's boundaries? Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

anneseverydaylife said...

Good job on the Cajun pasta! That Indian food looks amazing, I love samosas! I wonder if the place by us has that five flavor thing? And yes, I would be interested in a boundaries talk!

Melissa said...

I would love to hear your post on boundaries! I feel like you have mentioned some of them a LONG time ago (i.e. not riding alone in a car with the opposite sex) but it's something that I think is so important. I don't know that my husband and I have explicitly stated boundaries (besides the obvious ones!) but I do have a friend and we are each others' accountability partners to make sure we are not filling a female/validation need with our single male coworkers (we work mostly with men). It helps keep us aware of what we are doing (consciously or not) and we have given each other permission to call the other on something if we feel something is not in the best interest of our marriages...which is AMAZING to have that kind of support.