I just want to say THANK YOU so much for your sweet comments on this post! Each and every one made my day. You guys are the best!
I love a new year. A fresh start. A clean slate. A new beginning. Instead of resolutions for the year I am going to set a few goals and check in monthly to track my progress. Sound good? Okay! Here we go!
1. Follow Weight Watchers. I had great success last year on WW and fell off track after Myrtle Beach and then tried to get back on track, but the holidays made it tough to stay consistent. But I'm back! I'm ready to love my journey again. Enjoy the process. Get back in shape.
2. Be intentional with the relationships in my life. The last thing I ever want to do is take the important relationships in my life for granted. They require work and I am ready to put in that work like putting my phone down when G is talking to me. Carving out more time for the people in my life that build me up. Leave my phone in my purse when I'm with family and friends. Unplug in the evenings. Open my home up to friends, family and neighbors.
3. Read three books a month. I have been on a reading kick lately and I want to keep it up so I'm putting this on here to keep myself accountable. Reading every evening has become the time I look forward to most. My "me" time. My treat at the end of the day. I'm currently reading I Got This by Jennifer Hudson and loving it.
4. Move fifteen minutes everyday. Who doesn't have fifteen minutes? I have found I can get motivated to work out for fifteen minutes and once I'm started I usually work out longer. But some days it's just a quick walk around the block or a quick YouTube video workout.
5. Do one thing that inspires you everyday. It could be listening to an inspiring podcast or song. Out with G on a date. Exploring a new city. Reading a good book. Making a cup of tea. Hiking at the lake. Being a tourist in our own town. Writing here.
6. Find a new church community. We dropped the ball on this last year and went to church sporadically, but mainly did church online. I really miss going to church and getting involved in small group. This is our year!
7. Read the Bible and write in my prayer journal everyday. This is something I do most days, but I want to do this EVERYDAY. I have been waking up extra early to carve out this time and I'm loving it. I want to hold myself accountable to keep this up so I'm going to make it a goal for the year. This time is so good for me and I love that I can look back at my prayers and see how God is working in my life. God is good. All the time.
8. Do one house project a month. We could put our house on the market this year and if we decide to do that we have a few projects we need to tackle first. G and I decided to check off one project a month so as not to overwhelm ourselves, but also get a head start if this does happen.
So those are my goals for the year. I'm excited about setting yearly goals I can look back on every month to check my progress. It's going to be a great year!