Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Life Lately


Life has been so good lately. I went to a girls' night two weeks ago and it was much needed.


While I was at girls night G purchased a $20 beer, eek! Ha! We are saving it for a special occasion, but for now it looks cool on the bar. Blame it on friends who love to purchase and save bourbon aged beer.


I'm burning fall candles and enjoying the most fabulous fall weather.


I had last Friday off for my annual eye appointments to follow up from my eye surgery six years ago. My first appointment went great so my mom and I celebrated with mimosas at Toast.


We went last year and enjoyed it so much we went again. My mom had the cranberry mimosa and I had the grapefruit mimosa. Both were delicious.


For breakfast we shared the spinach and chevre omlette, cinnamon toast and bacon fried rice. SO GOOD. Highly recommend! Everything was great, but the bacon fried rice stole the show.


I love downtown Birmingham. It is just the cutest town with so many great restaurants, cute shops and the most adorable houses.


It was going to be 70 degrees, but it was still pretty chilly so we headed to Somerset Mall to do some mall walking and enjoy the Christmas decorations.


And Starbucks, of course. I tried the Creme Brule specialty drink and it was delicious. After a good few laps around the mall we headed to Costco to do some grocery shopping and then more shopping at Home Goods.


After shopping until we dropped (and 13,000 steps later!) we had my final eye appointment of the day and it went awesome. Then we headed to our favorite restaurant on the lake for lunch.


Wine time!


We enjoyed the view and had fun chatting and laughing. It was so much fun!


I  had the cheese panini and tomato soup. My mom had the Cesar wrap and I swapped my soup for her fries and we shared sandwiches too. Everything was delicious!


We headed home after our fun day together and I walked Manny. The weather was so warm and the day ended with the most beautiful sunset.


How cute is this wreath I got at Costco? I'm obsessed.


Sunday we  bundled up and headed to the zoo to enjoy the lights. There is an Ella in there, ha!




The lights were so pretty. The Christmas music was festive and it was a great way to kick off the season and get in the Christmas spirit.


It was a chilly night so just when it was getting a bit too cold we headed into the Reptile House to warm up. How funny is this gator (or crocodile?) resting his head on the other guy's tail?!



Then we walked the rest of the zoo and admired the pretty lights. The zoo was not crowded so it was nice to not be rushed or feel claustrophobic. 



After the fun with family we headed to Eric and Jess' for pizza and some Bennett snuggles. He is just the cutest.

So that is life lately. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!














1 comment:

anneseverydaylife said...

So glad your eyes are still doing good! What a blessing. You and your mom look like you have so much fun together :-) happy Thanksgiving!