Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mom and Lindsey's Day of Fun!


I had my annual retinal check-up with my doctor. I can't believe I had the surgery FIVE years ago. Time flies. My mom took me this year so we could have a mother/daughter day. I was in and out of my first appointment in less than an hour and all looked well. Woohoo!



We were starving so we headed to brunch afterwards at Toast in Birmingham.


We started with mimosas. My mom had the grapefruit mimosa and I had the pinapple mimosa and both were excellent.


It was such a funky, cool place. There were chandeliers everywhere. Funky diner vibes. Good service. It was such a fun experience.



The food and company were awesome. I had the smoked gouda and bacon omelette with roasted red potatoes and cinnamon challah. SO. GOOD.







Birmingham is one of my favorite cities and Birmingham houses are just incredible. My mom shares in my love for looking at pretty houses so we enjoyed driving through a few neighborhoods and swooning over the mansions.


We went to Somerset Mall to do a bit of mall walking. We walked 4 miles! It was fun gazing at all the pretty decorations and fountains. It really is such a gorgeous mall.


I also discovered my new obsession: Restoration Hardware. I love that place. Specifically, I love this couch. It's like sitting on a cloud.


We grabbed a Starbucks coffee (nonfat caramel macchiato, no whip, extra caramel) and continued walking around the mall. I forgot how nice this mall is. It was nice to just wander around and window shop. 


We did some grocery shopping at Costco after that and then headed to my last appointment of the day. I had to have the freckle on my eye checked out and everything looked good at that appointment too. Woohoo!


We celebrated with a late lunch at Cheesecake Factory. This opened about a year ago but there are still crazy wait times so we haven't been yet. We decided to try it out since it was a random Friday at 3:00 p.m. We only had a ten minute wait and it was worth it!


My mom had a cosmo and I tried the Hibiscus Martini and they were both delicious. 




We shared the avocado egg rolls (out of this world!), fried zucchini (delicious!) and the lettuce wraps. We were both so full that we ended up taking the lettuce wraps home for the boys. Everything was just so delicious. The service was awesome. The atmosphere was fun. I had a blast! It was a magical day with my mom. We just don't do it enough. It was full of good times. Great conversation. New experiences. Quality time. Can't wait to do it next year!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Glad your eyes are ok!! Looks like a fun and tasty day :)