Wednesday, October 21, 2015

20 Questions


I saw this on Kelly's blog and thought it would be fun to play along.
What is your road trip essential snack?
Cheez-Its. They are my favorite snack and since I can easily polish off an entire box I don't keep them in my house. Road trips mean vacation and calories don't count on vacation. So they would be the first thing in my basket for a road trip.
You’ve been handed two free round-trip tickets…who are you taking and where are you going?
Garth, of course. South Africa! I feel it really maximizes those free tickets, right? It's expensive! I would love to meet G's extended family. See where he grew up. Wine taste in Capetown. Hike Table Mountain. 
What was your high school jam?
I remember being obsessed with Nelly's song Country Grammar. I also loved The Dixie Chicks. Shedaisy. Was NSYNC still popular? Loved them!
Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
Face.
What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
Keeping Up With The Kardashians and The Real Housewives. I heart reality TV!
What’s your ringtone?
Vibrate. My alarm is a chime though.
What was your first car, and did you name it?
A deep purple (plum color) Saturn I shared with my brother. I don't think we named it but I'll have to ask him. I don't remember. I've named all my cars since so you would think I would have!
Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
Two younger brothers and my SIL, Jess. Who I totally consider my sister. I'm the oldest of the whole bunch.

What would you request for your last supper? 
The Weathervane's Lobster Mac and Cheese. Paired with Limestone Hill Chardonnay (from South Africa).

Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
I haven't. Never broken a bone in my body. Knock on wood. I did have eye surgery for a detached retina in 2010 but I didn't have to stay at the night at the hospital.
How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter…or are you just right?
I’m 5’5″ and I'm okay with that. Not too tall, not too short. Just right.
Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
I'm pretty cheap so G and I will DIY on home repairs. I paint my own nails instead of getting mani/pedis. I can clean my own house so I do. But I don't really have the patience or creativity that crafts involve so for those I'll hire out. Thank goodness for Etsy.
What do you eat for breakfast?
I'm pretty predictable. I like what I like. The last few years it's been 2 eggs in a mug with cheese on a bagel thin. Before that it was peanut butter on toast with a dash of cinnamon.

What would you do for a living if you didn’t need money?
Travel writer. I would love to see the world. Experience new cultures. Eat new food. Try new wine. See new places. And get to write about it!
Finish this sentence: Every room needs….
A candle. I do love my candles. They just make a room cozy.

How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks? 
I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week. My hair is so long and thick that every time I have to wash it is is a PROCESS. And then the tangling afterwards, aye aye aye! Thank goodness for dry shampoo.
Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes! Actually I realized I was becoming someone who had to wear make up every day and I wasn't a fan of that. Now I wear make up a few times a week and I've noticed my skin is able to breathe. It looks better and I feel more confident. 
You just unloaded your Halloween haul…what candy do you go for first?
Snickers. They are my fave!
Your Turn!
What would you eat for your last supper?
What would you do for a living if you didn't need the money?

No comments: