Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Goals Revisited

I think I'm still in denial that summer is ending. I don't want it to end. Lets see how I did embracing the last month of summer.

1. Try the new froyo place in town. I did! It was really good and such a cute little place. I love to support new businesses that come into our little town so I'm glad I finally made it out here. I'll definitely be back next summer!

2. Lose six pounds this month. I finally weighed in after 3 weeks of not stepping on the scale. I was only up .4 pounds from my 22 pound loss and I was relieved. I always get nervous when I don't weigh in for a while that I gained it all back and I'm just happy I didn't undo all my hard work. I also didn't lose the six pounds I had planned to this month so I need to step it up next month but I'm ready! It should be easier next month since I don't have a birthday, girls weekend or any vacations planned. Back on track! Onward and upward.

3. Eat 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of veggies. I am proud to say I have been eating my fill or fruits and veggies. A smoothie in the morning really helps me get 2 servings of fruits (yay for a banana counting as 2 servings!) and 2 servings of veggies (2 handfuls of spinach). I'll usually have another cup of fruit as a morning snack or part of my afternoon snack and a cup of veggies at lunch and dinner. Easy peasy! It keeps me full and feeling great.


4. Read three books this month. I read Next Best Thing and All Fall Down by Jen Weiner. And I finally finished Small Victories by Anne Lamott. I also read A Place of Yes by Bethenny Frankel. I really loved the Jen Weiner books and plan to read more of her books in the future. She is an excellent writer!


5. Write in my prayer journal each morning.  I started this week so it's a win! I really had a heck of a time getting up at 6:00 a.m. this month, but I finally started so journaling is becoming habit again and I'm thankful for that.

6. Be more decisive. The first step was realizing I had the problem of being indecisive. Every time I saw myself starting to get indecisive I would ask myself what I really, truly wanted and made a decision based on what was best for me. It helped having friends encourage me to advocate for me and do what feels right for me. It's getting easier and I'm actually so much happier when I listen to my heart. 


How did you do this month?

No comments: