Wednesday, August 5, 2015
I cannot believe it's that time again to set new monthly goals. I seriously just feel like I wrote my goals for July! This year is just flying by! Without further ado, here are my goals for this month.
1. Try the new froyo place in town. This cute little froyo place popped up by us. I'm not even that big of a sweets person, but I do love froyo in the summertime. I didn't make it out there last month but I'm determined to make it out there this month. Mark my words!
2. Lose six pounds this month. I want to lose 30 more pounds this year to get to my goal weight and I would like to reach this goal by Christmas. That is five months away which means I would need to lose six pounds a month and I think that is totally doable. Vacation and my birthday are over so I'm ready to hunker down and start seeing results.
3. Eat 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of veggies. On vacation I got out of the habit of eating my fruits and veggies and this bad habit continued after I got back. I need to get back INTO my good habit of eating 3 servings of fruits and 4 servings of veggies. I firmly believe it's been the key reason I've been successfully losing weight so I need to step it up again.
4. Read three books this month. This is one of my favorite goals I love to accomplish every month. I look forward to sitting on the deck every night after dinner and unwinding with a good book. I have a growing list of books I need to read, now if only the library would have them on the shelf! I'm still on the fence about Dark Places and might quit it soon and start a more lighthearted read.
5. Write in my prayer journal each morning. I'm disappointed I got out of this habit last month so I need to put it as a goal to hold myself accountable. I really savored that time every morning and it's crazy how a little change in routine can throw me so off track. It's time to get back into it! My sweet friend got me the sweetest prayer journal for my birthday so now I'm even more inspired to start journaling again.
6. Be more decisive. I am so indecisive and it's starting to drive me crazy. My goal this month is to start making decisions more and my friend Kate is going to help hold me accountable.
What are your goals this month?