Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July Goals Revisited

How can it be August already? I feel like I'm really savoring summer and living it up, but it's still going too fast. Lets see how I did with my goals!




1. Try the new froyo place in town. Every time I think to go here it has either just closed or it starts raining or it's just too cold to sit outside and eat it. But I did get amazing s'more ice cream on vacation so it's a win in my book. There is always next month to try this froyo place.

2. Lose five pounds this month. Well that was an ambitious goal! I only lost 1.2 pounds this month and then gained that pound back on vacation so I'm still hovering at 22 pounds lost for the month. It's a bummer, but I'm refreshed from vacation and ready to get back on the wagon and lose another 22 pounds!


3. Get a pedicure. I did not hit the 30 pound marker yet, but I will! I didn't get a pedicure. I'm the worst at this. I just need a girlfriend to plan a trip for us to go because that is the only way I'll actually get one. I do still plan to go when I hit 30 pounds lost. It's a nice reward and it's keeping me motivated.




4. Read three books this month. I read Three Wishes by Lianne Moriarity. It wasn't my favorite of her books, but I did enjoy it. I also read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. It's not my usual type of book, but I liked it. I read about half of Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke but I just could not get into it. I also read the Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain and it was my favorite of the month. Highly recommend! I just started Dark Places by Gillian Flynn and it's real dark. I'm not sure about this one yet.



5. Be present with family on vacation. I feel like I really did savor every moment with family. I was present and I kept social media to a minimum. The vacation still went too fast, but I feel that I maxed it out and just had the best time. 

6. Get ahead on blogging so I can take a break. I wrote six posts before I went on vacation and scheduled them to post giving myself two weeks off from blogging. It was really nice! I obviously missed blogging because I've been writing posts like crazy so it was the perfect break to unwind, disconnect and relax. Now I'm back and enjoying it again.


How did you do with your goals this month?

2 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

Loved Station Eleven. I also really liked Dark Places but I was reading it with my good friend and she hated it and I think she's a lot more tolerant of dark stuff than you are. I hate to tell someone to stop reading a book I really liked but I don't think it's your cup of tea, cousin. :) Did you ever say what you thought of The Martian, you were reading that one right? It was so fun reading about your vacation, it sounded awesome! I'm jealous you got to go to Shorts. We haven't been up in Northern Michigan in so long!

Lindsey said...

Jen, you are so right! It was not my cup of tea. I actually stopped reading Dark Places (but I did read the last chapter because I had to know if the brother was guilty or not, ha!). I haven't read The Martian yet, I have it on hold at the library so when it comes back I'll start reading it! Thanks for the recc!!!
Thanks! Our vacation was so fun. I wish it wasn't over. It went too fast! You gotta get to Northern Michigan, it's so pretty this time of year! The fall is also gorgeous and not as crazy busy up there. If you ever want to go and share a place on VRBO or something we are all about it! We love it up there!