Thursday, August 13, 2015

Stuffed Pepper Casserole

(via)

When I find a recipe I love so much it will go into the weekly rotation I have to share it with you guys. This is one of those recipes. It's so good. Seriously, make this!

Brooklyn Farm Girl's Stuffed Pepper Casserole

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 large green peppers, chopped
12 spinach leaves, ripped
2 cloves garlic, minced
14 oz diced tomatoes
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Instructions

In a skillet, add your garlic and ground beef and cook until browned.
Transfer your beef and garlic into a casserole baking dish.
Add the rest of your ingredients except the mozzarella cheese.
Mix everything together so it's evenly coated.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Take out of the oven, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake 5 minutes more.
Enjoy!

Revisions
I used ground turkey and it was just as good. Even G loved it! Let me know if you make this and feel free to share your favorite week night meals in the comments. I'm always looking for new recipes since I tend to make the same recipes until we get sick of them. Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Made it tonight! And made one to take to a neighbor with a new baby. I added more rice, which made it need to cook longer, but it was tasty!