Friday, June 26, 2015

Fit Friday!

The workouts:

I'm still walk/running with Manny every morning. I started walking a block, running/sprinting a block, repeat. It works really well for me. It makes the time go fast and I come back home super sweaty. Win win!

I should also mention I do weight lift once a week. Not every single day like I used to, but every Sunday usually after I weigh in.

The results:



(via)

Pounds Lost: 1 lb
Total: 21 lbs

I'll take it! Ideally I want to be losing 2 to 3 pounds per week and to do that I need to get stricter on the weekends. I get a little lax. Go out to eat. Have a glass of wine or two. Which is great and helps me keep this as a lifestyle, but I need to get a bit stricter for the next month so I can feel as great as possible on vacation. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated!

The eats:


My breakfasts have been an oldie but a goodie. 2 eggs in a cup with a Laughing Cow cheese on a bagel thin. Or I'll just eat the eggs in a cup without the bagel thin. I really want to lose ten pounds this month so I'm trying to cut carbs where I can where I don't miss them.


My morning snack has been a cup of spinach, banana, half scoop protein powder, 2 cups ice and half a cup of coffee. It's so good and such an easy way to get in some greens and fruit for the day.


My lunches have been 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup black beans and 1/2 an avocado. I ate this for dinner every day for a month straight a couple years ago and got tired of it. But now that I haven't had it in a while it tastes great again.


I have also been switching it up and having a sandwich on an Everything Sandwich Thin with mustard, spinach, turkey and avocado. So yummy! I really think the key to losing weight and sticking with it is enjoying the food you are eating. And I am enjoying the food I eat!


My snacks this week have been 3/4 cup cottage cheese. I know I need to switch it up so I don't get tired of it, but it's so good and such a great source of protein. Also, Kroger cottage cheese is by far THE BEST.



Monday night we had Crock Pot Chicken Curry. I hadn't made that in so long so it hit the spot!


Tuesday night we went to the movies so we grabbed a quick bite of sushi before. I only got one roll and didn't even get soup or salad to save room for movie theater popcorn but I was STILL too full. Bummer! 


Wednesday night we had our Bible study. We switched it up this time and did our study outside at a Mexican restaurant. It was just too pretty not to be outside. And Mexican food is always a good idea. G and I shared the fajitas.


Thursday night we ate leftovers. G had leftover curry chicken from Monday and I had leftover pulled pork and cornbread from the weekend. We grilled the rest of the pineapple from Sunday and it was pretty darn tasty for a thrown together meal. We ate on the deck. I didn't take a photo, but I did snap this picture from my magazine I read that evening. This time outside grilling and eating dinner was our way of savoring every moment of summer. 

How did you do this week?

1 comment:

anneseverydaylife said...

Great job! That interval training is supposed to be really great cardio, I bet you'll see more results!