Wednesday, December 3, 2014

November Goals Revisited

I blinked and November was gone, anyone else? And now we are smack dab in the thick of the Christmas season. Eeee!!! I love this time of year! But first, lets see how I did last month before we focus on December.

1. Lose ten pounds this month. Honestly, I'm not sure where I'm at. Last week with Thanksgiving wasn't great. The weekend before that we went on vacation. So I haven't weighed in in two weeks so I'm just not sure. December 11th marks 3 months since I started this whole shebang. I'm down nine pounds total in those three months which I'm extremely proud of. I haven't felt deprived or discouraged and feel more ready than ever to lose the weight once and for all. I want it so bad I can taste it!  I've decided not to weigh in again until December 11th so I'll let you know then!

2. Start my Christmas shopping. Check! I did start. Key word: start. I can check two people off my list and that is a very good feeling. Not only are two people completely done, but I've set the budgets and have notes and ideas of what to get everyone. Progress, people! My goal is to by done the 15th of December so I can just savor the season and feel all the joy and peace.

3. Do a morning devotional every morning. Check! I'm back at it with The Jesus Calling and journaling each morning finished off by a walk with Manny listening to worship music. It just puts me in the best mood for the day.

4. Listen to my body. Check! This was hard, but wanting the pain in my leg to go away trumped everything else and I'm happy to report the pain has gone away. I feel 100 times better. It can still get aggravated now and again, but I can walk and stand at my desk again without pain which is a huge blessing. I also found a new love for Yoga and Pilates! I still do T25, but I don't do any of the jumping. I just following the modifier the whole time and I limit T25 to only three times a week.



5. Read 3 books this month. Check! I read Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon, The Best of Us and Skipping a Beat both by Sarah Pekkanen. So our library is under major construction and everything was out of place and I couldn't find anything. So I did something I don't usually do. Instead of looking up books from my Goodreads list I just browsed the isles and picked books based on their covers. I know. Living dangerously. Sarah Pekkanen was compared to one of my favorite authors, Emily Giffin, so I had really high hopes for her books and they did not disappoint. All three were great reads and I couldn't put any of them down. Highly recommend them all!



6. Cook one new recipe a week. FAIL. We did a lot of take out and old stand by recipes. Then we got a grill we were kind of boring and just grilling chicken, steak, veggies and brats. All was not lost though! I did try this crock pot mac and cheese recipe for Thanksgiving and it was a hit! I also replicated a Qdoba Burrito Bowl and it did not disappoint. In fact, I should do a post on my recipe because it is a keeper. I eat it at least once a week now. YUM.

7. Turn the guest room into my closet. We cleaned out our closets, does that count? A funny thing happened. After I reorganized my closet and got rid of the clutter I didn't feel the need to move it over into the guest room. The urgency of it all kind of disappeared. I still plan to do it! But now that everything is neat and orderly and there is room to fill I don't see the immediate need. I hope to tackle the kitchen and the gallery wall and then move on to this one.

8. Organize the house. Check! I took last week off and deep cleaned the house. Cleaned out the kitchen pantry and all the kitchen drawers. The closets are done. The garage looks nice. Ahhhhh. Feels so good.

How did you do this month?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Did you like that me before you book? I wanted my book club to read it. I love how you are so faithful about doing your morning devotion. That has always been hard for me. But I bet it really does bring a good start for the day, especially with the worship music! Great idea! Yeah, I do think T 25 is hard on the knees! So many jump lunges, and so fast! Pilates and walking sounds wonderful :-)