Thursday, November 6, 2014

November Goals

It's that time again. Time to set new goals!

1. Lose ten pounds this month. I came really close in August, got off track in September, came really close again in October so this is going to be my month!! I'm going to tighten up my eating a bit and I think that should help me reach my goal.

2. Start my Christmas shopping. I'm always the one the week before Christmas scrambling to get my shopping done. Then I get too stressed out and end up buying everyone gift cards. Happens every year. But not this year!! I already started notes in my phone of ideas for each person and my plan is to at least start this month, if not finish. That may be a bit too ambitious so I'm hoping to just start and get a good handle on it.

3. Do a morning devotional every morning. I got into the habit of doing this every morning, but then I took it off my goals and it kind of fell to the wayside. I was doing it about once or twice a week, but I really want it to become a habit again that I do every single morning.

4. Listen to my body. This one is proving to be the most difficult. I really got into a habit with doing Beta T25 everyday and enjoying the benefits of it. But after I read this article I knew I had to take a break. I had the over training symptom of a nagging pain that wouldn't go away and it was in my leg. It was making walking difficult and even standing at my desk was hard. I took Paige's advice and I'm listening to my body and it seems like it's saying to rest. I still walk Manny, but that is all the physical activity I'm doing right now. I am hoping the pain will go away in the next two weeks and I can get back at it, but we'll see. This article came just when I needed it too!

5. Read 3 books this month. I almost took this goal off this month, but once I took #3 off I slacked so I better keep it on here to keep me accountable. I like reading three books a month. I enjoy getting lost in a good book and the stimulation of the brain instead of watching too much TV. Give me your recommendations pretty please! 

6. Cook one new recipe a week. I loved that I started cooking recipes that I had pinned and I want to keep it up. I'll try to do a better job of documenting what I cook this month. I'm sure many soups are in my future. I'm on such a soup kick right now.

7. Turn the guest room into my closet. After seeing my friend Megan's guest room turned closet I'm more anxious to start this than ever before. I have time off this month that will be the perfect time to turn this into a reality. I see a trip to Ikea in my future. I'm so excited!

8. Organize the house. I plan to organize the pantry and junk drawer in the kitchen. I plan to clean out the closets upstairs and organize my dresser. I plan to purge and donate. Knowing that in doing all this organizing I'll get a brand new, organized closet out of the deal makes this even more of an achievable goal. And I know it may seem daunting but I have a whole week off this month to tackle these projects so I think it will be doable. 

What are your goals this month?

No comments: