Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July Goals Revisited

Where did July go? Seriously. Time is flying and I just don't want summer to end. Before I start with my goals for August, lets take a look back at July and see how I did. 

1. Do a morning devotional every morning. I am doing The Jesus Calling and I am loving it. I wish I was doing it every day, but I'm only doing it about three times a week. I also want to start journaling my thoughts and prayers during this morning time. I think I need to get up a bit earlier for this because my mornings get too rushed when I do this and walk Manny.

2. Read three books a month. FAIL. I don't know what it is, but I just cannot find a book that draws me in like the last few books have. I think I just need to go back to the library and find a few more. I am reading Jemima J and it's getting good, but it's not one that I just can't put down.

3. Take one day trip a month. We ended up going on an impromptu lake house getaway so I will call this one a success. I love when I'm spontaneous and unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough!

4. Go to the Farmer’s Market. We have not gotten out there yet this summer and I'm bummed. I do plan to go soon. This summer has been so busy and we have been away a lot of the weekends. A lot of my coworkers have gardens and they generously bring in their veggies so I have been getting a good supply of green peppers, squash and carrots. Does that count? There is always next month!

5. Walk Manny every morning. Check! I have been walking Manny ever morning, even on the weekends and it a time I look forward to. He is getting better at working so I can focus more on the worship music and praying about my day. It stormed today and I couldn't walk him and I was so disappointed. I think Manny was bummed too. He went to the door and just whimpered.

6. Cook one new recipe a week. Check! I made beer pulled porkchicken curry, white chicken chili, and pot roast.

7. Go see a movie. We didn't, but we did rent a few movies this month which was nice. We haven't seen a movie in a while with the World Cup on so it was nice to catch up. We watched Saving Mr. Banks, Non-Stop, Into the Furnace and The Lego Movie.

8. Spend more time at the lake. We did! We had that nice lake weekend this month and we did lots of floating, kayaking, paddle boating and swimming. Perfection! 

Overall, I think I did pretty well. There is room for improvement in the next month, but I have no regrets. It was a great month and I loved every second of it! Even the cool days! I feel we are definitely making the most of this summer and that is really all that matters because that was the goal of making goals this summer!  

How did you do on your goals for July?

2 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like a great month to me! how was the chicken curry? It sounds great! I wish some of your generous garden sharing coworkers worked here! Sounds great!

Nicole said...

Have you read any books by Kristin Hannah or Jodi Picoult? I can never put their books down! I also recommend Molokai by Alan Brennert. Its my favorite book of all time. I laughed, I cried.