Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August Goals

Month 3 of summer is already underway. Crazy, right? I know I say this every month, but time is seriously going way too fast.

1. Do a morning devotional and journal every morning. I need to start waking up at 6:00 a.m. so I have more time to do this in the morning and I need to get in the habit of doing this everyday. The days I do the devotional I have a better attitude the entire day. 

2. Read three books a month. I plan to head to the library this week and grab a few books. Next up on my list are What Alice Forgot, The Husband's Secret and finishing up Jemima J.

3. Do T25. I am on day 3 and I'm loving it. I love that it's only 25 minutes long and I love that I just drip in sweat. I'm also extremely sore which is always a good measure for a good workout.

4. Go to the Farmer’s Market. I didn't go last month so I plan to make a trip or two this month for sure. I love supporting local farmers and just the community of the whole thing. 

5. Walk Manny every morning. I'm not sure I even need to put this on here because this has actually became a habit that I love and Manny loves too.

6. Cook one new recipe a week. I really am having fun trying new recipes. I want to make Teriyaki Pork Chops with Red Pepper and Pineapple, Tilapia with Garlic Cheese Sauce, Chicken and Broccoli "Stir Fry", and Chicken Shwarma all in the crock pot (obvi!).

7. Lose 10 pounds. Obviously what I was doing wasn't working so I need to up my game and start seeing results. I'm eating 1700 calories, no processed food, drinking a protein shake for lunch, no carbs after 3p.m., and no alcohol. I'm also working out each morning, walking an hour on lunch and 45 minutes with Manny. I'm already seeing results. I'm down 3 pounds from Monday! I have a long way to go, but it's a great start and it's going to happen for real this time. I think ten pounds a month is a reasonable goal and I think if I keep at it I can do this.

8. Go to church. G and I got in this habit of doing church online because it's so nice to be able to do it from the comfort of our home or if we're traveling we can still listen to a podcast. But it's not the same as going to church and the fellowship of the community so I would like to start going again.

What are your goals this month?

2 comments:

mags said...

Great goals!!! I think I'm in shock that it's already August - I can't even think about goals:)

Good luck!

Renise said...

Your goals are great! The year, as always is flying by!!