Friday, July 12, 2013

Fit Friday: Skinny Rules Edition

I haven't been on the scale in two weeks and it is so liberating. I knew I had to take a break when I realized my happiness depended on a number on a scale. It just was too unhealthy. Too overwhelming. So I'm taking a break. Working out hard. Watching what I eat very carefully and frankly, feeling great. 

So I recently saw Bob Harper's Skinny Rules floating on Pinterest and found them to be very intriguing. I'm a big promoter of small changes equal big results so I liked the idea of this:


I don't agree completely. I can't give up white potatoes. Sorry, Bob. Life is too short. But I can eat them only at lunch and only in moderation. I am a huge supporter of eating a good breakfast and I do eat an apple every day. Here are a few rules I have recently incorporated into my life:

* Eat salad for dinner one night a week.

* Exercise five times a week.

* Take a break from the scale when it gets obsessive, but try to weigh in ONCE a week.

* Limit take out to twice a week.

* Cook from scratch at least three times a week.

What are your Skinny Rules?

1 comment:

Liz said...

So proud of you for not getting on a scale! I know that probably sounds weird but knowing that you needed to step away and then actually DOING it takes real strength and courage and that's amazing.