Thursday, June 6, 2013

House Tour: Front Yard

It's embarrassing that I really only have one actual room of our house to show you that is exactly how i want it. Two of the three rooms upstairs don't have a single thing hanging on the wall. The horror! I'm picky and indecisive and I think we're going to be here for a while so I really want to make sure everything I buy I really love. So I'm okay if it takes a while to furnish the whole house. I believe it's a process and it shouldn't be rushed.

I thought I would show the front of the house since we just did a lot of weeding, mowing, power washing and we are pretty dang proud of our hard work. We are such dorks too because we will just stare at the yard and talk about how good it looks. 

Here is how the house looked the day we bought it:


Here it is a few months later with some green grass. This picture really highlights the ugly tree that Garth chopped down a few months later:


And here is a picture of what it looks like now sans tree:


Of course, there a few things I still would like to do. I dream of having two rocking chairs like this on the porch:

(via)

I would also like to paint the front door for a pop of color. I'm thinking a turquoise shade like this:

(source not listed)

But for now, I love it just the way it is.

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Really cute house with great curb appeal! I love those rocking chairs, too!

Emily said...

I love the improvements you have made, getting rid of that little tree made a huge difference! We are hoping to repaint our porch next week and for our pop of color we are going to paint the porch ceiling a yellow. It should be fun and I hope it looks good! Your door would look great a bright color!