Friday, June 7, 2013

Fit Friday

I know I skipped last week. The truth is I was discouraged because I had gained five pounds. FIVE. Sheesh. I just look at food and apparently gain weight lately. UGH. But anyways, I guess I'm not very good at listening to my body yet so it's back to counting calories. And that's okay.

Here are the stats this week:

Pounds Lost: 2
Pounds to go: 18

As an anonymous comment pointed out, I cannot get in the best shape of my life in 2 months. Thankyouverymuch. And this person is correct, I will not be in the best shape of my life by my 30th birthday. BUT I can be 20 pounds lighter and muscular. I can be eating healthy. Counting calories. Enjoying food without overindulging or overeating. I can work out hard and intensely  That I can do. And you know what? That sounds good to me. Because if I lose 20 pounds by my birthday and turn some of the flab into muscle I'll be happy with that. 

I just need to take it step by step. I'll lose the last 20 if I feel I need to and in time. I was only 25 pounds lighter in this bikini pic, but I was muscular. My main objective is to just feel comfortable in my skin. And a bikini. And losing 20 pounds is doable and (bonus!) my clothes will all fit again.


 I was lifting weights often and I felt great, even though I wasn't 35 pounds lighter like in this picture below. It's all perspective. The number on the scale really isn't the end all be all. And honestly? Personally! I rather be muscular. 


It's funny to look at the above picture. I had lost over 20 pounds and still wanted to lose more. I thought I had more to lose even when everyone around me was telling me I didn't. And now, three years later, looking at this photo I think "Girl! You are too thin! And pale." 

So all that to say it's Operation 20 right now! Here is my work outs for the week:

Sunday - Ripped in 30 Level 3
Monday - Ripped in 30 Level 4 and walk 3.5 miles
Tuesday - Ripped in 30 Level 4 and walk 3.5 miles
Wednesday - Ripped in 30 Level 4 and walk 3.5 miles
Friday - Ripped in 30 Level 4 and walk 3.5 miles
Saturday - Rest

How are you all doing?

5 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

It's so easy to get discouraged...I feel the same way lately. Very on & off the wagon and not consistent at all! I gotta get it together! I am the same way, in that it feels like I eat one bad meal and I gain 5 lbs. UGH! Hang in there!

Anne said...

Our Made to Crave study book said last week "The scale only measures how much you weigh - it doesn't measure your worth." I know you know that, but remember how much Jesus loves you and how valuable you are to Him! This weeks lesson is 'nothing tastes as good as peace feels' - and turning those cravings over to God and learning to crave what He made us for. You're doing so great Lindsey!

Unknown said...

Great job on your workouts!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Don't feel bad... I probably just gained 5 lbs READING about your 5 lbs..

so unfair why its so hard for some & so easy for others... sigh...

Lauren said...

I've followed your blog for awhile, but have never commented.

Your journey to fitness is one that I can relate to. I always thought that I could lose weight by generally eating healthy and doing intense cardio five days a week, but that didn't really seem to be working. Like you have mentioned, I can just look at food and gain five pounds, but it seems nearly impossible for me to lose five pounds. I was trying to avoid being a calorie counter (I generally think healthy and intuitive eating is better), but I finally caved to myfitnesspal.com. I've lost about a pound a week using this site which is slow, but I'll take slow loss over none at all. My favorite part of using this site is that it reminds me of what a healthy portion is and I make better choices. Looking at my diet like a budget is helpful for me.

Best of luck to you. You seem so positive and dedicated.