Monday, April 1, 2013

Menu Monday

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. He is Risen! I'll go more into detail about our weekend tomorrow. As promised, I have meal planned this week to get back on track and start losing weight again. Today marks four months until I turn thirty so I need to step it up and do this thing! Here is what is on the menu this week:

Sunday - Parents' house for Easter. Ribs and potatoes. YUM!


(via)

Monday - Tortilla Crusted Goat and Asparagus Quiche. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and couldn't print the recipe fast enough! I cannot wait to try this tonight.


Tuesday - Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff. I love my crockpot, that is no secret. But I'm trying to spice things up and try new recipes in it. It is far too easy to keep making the same recipes because they are easy and delicious, but I have learned if I make them too often Garth will start to boycott the crockpot. We can't let that happen! I love that thing! I'm hoping this is a winner.

Wednesday - Leftovers. I'm trying to keep menu planning fun and easy. My way of making it easy is designating certain nights to specific food groups. Monday is try something new night, Tuesday and Thursday are crockpot meals, Wednesday is leftover night and Friday is pasta night. 

Thursday - Crockpot Chicken Curry. We are actually quite obsessed with this meal. We made it last week with double the curry and 2 cans chunky tomatoes and it was incredible. It reminded us of our favorite South African dish, Bobotie.


(via)

Friday -  Chicken Enchilada Pasta. This is an old favorite that I haven't made in a while and I'm excited to bring it back again! It really does help to have yummy meals Garth and I can cook together to deter us from ordering take-out.

What's on your menu this week? Anyone else plan specific days of the week for certain food groups to make meal planning easier?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm looking forward to actually menu planning again this week...last week was crazy with holidays and other obligations!

That crockpot chicken stroganoff looks delicious!

Anne said...

He is risen indeed! Your meals look great, love that chicken enchilada pasta! :) let us know how the new ones come out!

Elena said...

Tortilla, goat and asparagus - a great mix of tastes.