Monday, October 29, 2012

On My Mind

Saturday I made this and I know it is not super healthy ,but I didn’t eat too much of it. It was dang good! I just love a good hearty soup in the fall and it was rainy and cool so it was the perfect day for this:



Paula Deen’s Crockpot Potato Soup
Combine 1 bag frozen hash browns, 2 (14oz) cans chicken broth, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/2c chopped onion, 1/3tsp black pepper.

Cook in crock pot on low for 5hours.

Stir in 8oz block of cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stir occasionally.

I used Heart Healthy Chicken Broth, Fat-Free and Sodium Free Cream of Chicken Soup with Weight Watcher Cream Cheese. It was delicious! Garth even proclaimed it was his favorite soup ever! You couldn't even tell I had made it healthy.

We had such a fun weekend and I need to upload pictures of all the shenanigans. There were Halloween costumes, parties, friends, good food, laughter, sleeping in, and many memories made.

I love love love fall in Michigan. I just wish it didn’t mean winter was on its way. The trees are so gorgeous right now and the weather last week was plain magical. 70s, sunny perfection. Alas, it could not last and we are bad to our normal 40 degree days and we had to winterize the sprinklers this weekend (aka pay someone to do it), take down the awning, put away the patio set and rake. Sad times. I will miss hanging on the deck until next spring, but it’s been real.

I never was a big fan of Halloween. I mean, I didn’t hate it. I was more of a take it or leave it kinda person about the holiday. But now that I live in a house in a subdivision full of kids? LOVE IT. I will document the event with pictures this year because it was unreal last year. You could not get down the street because there were just people everywhere. Groups and groups of kids. All dressed up in creative costumes. All the neighbors out talking, doing jello shots and/or drinking beer, laughing, having fun. If that’s not community I don’t know what is. It was awesome. I can’t wait to join the fun this year with our bonfire pit in the driveway with the rest of the neighbors. Good times!

There are so many great shows going on right now. I am currently loving The New Normal, Go On, Guys with Kids, Up All Night, Parks and Recreation, Tia and Tamara, Guilliana and Bill, and Ellen. I’m also looking forward to Kevin Bacon’s new show The Following.


Two of my most favorite things EVER are Saturday mornings and breakfast casserole. Last Saturday morning I made this turkey sausage and cheese casserole for Garth and I and it was to die. I think I’m going to make one every Saturday morning because it reheats so well and we ate it Sunday – Tuesday morning for breakfast and it fills you up to lunch. This past Saturday morning I made the casserole with spinach and mozzarella to change things up. Sometimes I just feel like the best stinkin’ wife ever and when I whip up a casserole like it ain’t no thing and impress Garth is one of those times for sure.

Garth and I watched Rock of Ages last week and I kinda loved it. Sure, it was a bit cheesy, but I love a good musical. And a musical Garth will watch and enjoy? Even better! There are parts I could live without but overall it was awesome and fun to watch. Now I want to go see this live!

So have you heard about the i-96 shooter? Well, he is still on the loose and he is way too close to my home and work and Garth's work for comfort. I don't like it. I don't like that I'm scared to drive. I don't like that I have one more thing to worry about. He actually wounded a man Saturday miles from my home and part of my commute. The city I grocery shop in on my way home from work. Now I'm avoiding the area and shopping elsewhere. But I don't like that I have to change what I am doing based on some crazy person. I pray they catch him before anyone else gets hurt.

On a lighter note, I am obsessed with Gangnam style. I keep watching the YouTube video and immediately I'm in a good mood.


So the Tigers are done for the season. Sad times. I'm proud of them for making it this far and I think it's cool I went to a game the year they went to the World Series.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmm...that soup looks delish, and perfect for a fall day!

Adrienne said...

I'm sure your soup wasn't that bad :)

I don't even know what it means to winterize sprinklers- haha. Arizona's coldest is 40 during the winter! I've always wanted to be part of the community bonfire/beer/candy group! Maybe this year we will :)

Jordan loves casseroles too! You'll have to share the bfast casserole recipe :)

Praying for safety, I would be really scared too, I'm glad you're taking precautions girl! Hope you have a happy Monday :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I am right there with you on the Gangnam style! I love it! Did you see them do it the other night on DWTS?? It was fabulous!