Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Life Happenings


I need to stop going on Pinterest because it makes me so hungry. I blame Pinterest for my craving of all things creamy, cheesy and bacon filled.

I still cannot get enough of Go On and The New Normal. They are just so darn funny and cute. I love having shows to watch that are NOT reality shows.

Speaking of reality shows, how good was this season of Real Housewives of New Jersey?! I could not get enough of it. Jacqueline is my favorite with Melissa and Caroline tied for second. I cannot stand Teresa, but feel sorry for her at the same time because of the way her husband treats her. So sad.

I get WAY too involved in reality shows, I know. I get invested in the characters and a couple of my girlfriends and I have lengthy conversations about the RHONJ. Garth thinks it is so ridiculous but that’s okay. I have limited my reality show watching to just Real Housewives of New Jersey and Beverly Hills. I’m happy with that since I used to watch a whole lot more.

So Garth and I were walking around Walmart and passed this box with a toy kitchen. I took a double take because the little boy on the box looked just like Garth as a kid. It was crazy. So crazy that I had to take a picture of the box. Can you see it? I mean, it literally looks just like him. The curly hair. The chubby cheeks. That smile. I could not get over the resemblance and could not help but think our kids may look like that someday.


I am really bad at taking pictures lately. Except of random children on toy boxes in the middle of Walmart, apparently. But I digress. This weekend was another fun one. We had my good friend Claire over Saturday. We chatted, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob, and brats on the grill and sat outside and ate. Then we went for a good two mile walk and then had a bonfire with our neighbors. She spend the night so on Sunday we made cinnamon rolls and drank coffee before getting ready for church. Church was so powerful this week. I don’t often cry at church (because I hate to cry in public) and I tried to hold it in, but I couldn't.  Such a great service. After church we went back to our house for pizza and a couple more friends joined us for lunch and the Lions game. Since the Lions were losing the girls decided to watch Part of Me (the Katy Perry movie) and it was actually pretty interesting. It broke my heart at times to watch her marriage ending, but I really like her.

Last night Garth and I rented What to Expect When You're Expecting and it was pretty cute. There were definitely some funny parts.

My alarm didn't go off this morning so I overslept and was late for work. Not the best way to start the day, that's for sure. But it can only get better!



3 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmm...love bonfires in the fall! love all the yummy food!

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Pinterest makes me spend money...

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Pinterest makes me think I'm crafty. I'm not....