Monday, September 26, 2011

Got Vanilla?

My dad's favorite wine is Yellowtail Chiraz and he always talks about the vanilla aftertaste. Garth teases him that he is crazy because he doesn't taste the vanilla. It has become the running joke when we drink this wine at family dinners. Well today my dad wrote Garth an email to prove he wasn't crazy and it was pretty hilarious:

"Hello my son, I just opened a bottle of Yellowtail Shiraz and had a taste... mmmmmmmmmmm.... vanilla! I decided to see if anyone else tasted vanilla so I googled it. Here's the description from the Yellowtail website: 'Ripe cherries and strawberries, spice, and vanilla aromas.' Then I watched this youtube video. I didn't listen to the whole 6 minutes, but just listen to the first 3:30, he mentions the vanilla aroma and the vanilla flavor. I read some other reviews. I didn't realize how popular this wine was. Most people like it. Some of them mention the vanilla. So see, I'm not making it up! Love you, Dad"

Oh, snap Garth! So, have you had this wine? Do YOU taste the vanilla?

4 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I have not tried that wine, but I enjoy anything with a vanilla taste. We'll have to try a bottle sometime. :)

Adrienne said...

Hi there! New to your blog, but I have this wine in my apartment right now! It's been awhile since we've had it, but I'm going to try it and see :)

LWLH said...

I've never had this wine but now I kinda want to just to see if I taste now. :)

Adrienne said...

Alright! So, we finally tried it, and neither my husband NOR I tasted any hint of vanilla, but you're right, it is on the bottle. Your dad must just have really cultured and amazing taste buds!