Friday, September 23, 2011

Fit Friday!

I apologize in advance if this post is whiny. It's my blog and I'll cry if I want to, but don't say I didn't warn ya!
So I weighed in Monday after a two month hiatus. I gained eight pounds and I was disappointed. VERY disappointed. I knew I had slacked on exercising and was snacking more often, but I was expecting more of a three to five pound gain...NOT an eight pound gain.
I was cranky all week. I complained to Garth constantly. Poor Garth, bless his heart. He had to put up with me all week and I was not a peach to be around.
But if there's one thing weighing in did to me, it was motivate me again to get back on track. I started watching what I ate again and exercising everyday. I cut out snacking at night which is my main downfall. I'm generally a healthy eater during the day, but it's that after dinner snack attack that hurts me.
I weighed in this morning and I was down a pound. I'll take it! Woohoo! Here is my new plan of attack: There are 14 weeks until Christmas so if I can lose two pounds a week I will be down 28 pounds by Christmas day. I know it's a lofty goal but I would be the lowest I have ever been and I think it would be a good weight for me. How are you all doing?

3 comments:

Anne said...

geez! 28 lbs seems like so much. Good luck, I have so much trouble even losing a few pounds, and I would like to lose a bit. I just am starting to feel like my body likes this weight, I've been pretty much the same for about 6 years now! ... it does seem like I can break the cycle, but it would not be easy! Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

Oh honey, don't feel bad...I weighed in at my first doctors appointment 3 weeks ago and they said I was up by 14 pounds! Granted I am pregnant and in my second trimester but they say that if you gain anything at all, it's usually like 3-4 pounds in the first 13 weeks, which I was exactly 13 weeks at that time...I was so shocked and disappointed, like you...I still think their scale lied a bit though:p I too am on the war path to either stop this weight gain in it's tracks or loose some, lol...I have to do something because I'm already MORE then half way into my weight gain goal of 20-25 pounds, ekk! Keep at ot and you'll do wonderful...Have you ever been on SparkPeople.com that really helped me before I was preggo. I was only on it 3 weeks and I lost 8 pounds!

LWLH said...

You can do what you put your mind too. I would love to lose that much weight before the holidays but I need to change my ways first.