Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Watching Over Us


So I'm the biggest wuss when it comes to scary movies. Not only can I not stand them, I also believe they are a waste of time. These horrific scenes go on in real life and you can watch it - it's called the news. There is so much violence and hate in the world, why do we need movies to emphasize this? But I especially can not handle watching movies where something bad happens to people at night. I don't know why this is but after "The Sixth Sense" I couldn't sleep. And then there was "Frequency" and I couldn't sleep after that.
Garth rented an action movie for us this past weekend and I was looking forward to relaxing after a busy weekend. The movie had a deadly robbery occur at night that left me sleepless Sunday night. Monday night I fell asleep from sheer exhaustion from the night before, but awoke in the middle of the night really scared. I started praying to God to give me peace and to keep me safe when Garth randomly put his arms around me. I felt so much safer and as I looked over at Garth, I saw he was still sound asleep. I fell back asleep quickly thanking God for watching over us.

No comments: