Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Life Lately: Week 41

It was a heavy week and my heart is broken over the unrest in the Middle East and all the innocent lives lost.

My family is also grieving the loss of my aunt who passed away suddenly this week.

There is no smooth transition from here...

Find beauty in the mundane. 

Monday vibes.

Hot water with lemon is my afternoon drink of choice.

My sweet mom stopped by with groceries from Costco and Manny was excited to see his favorite person.

Turned leftover Greek nachos from last week into a Greek Bowl with cauliflower rice.

Really into journaling right now.

Creamsicle skies.

Workouts for the week:

Monday - 2.4 mile walk and yoga

Tuesday - 2.98 mile walk

Wednesday - .87 mile walk 

Thursday - 2.44 mile walk

Friday - 1.66 mile walk and strength training

Saturday - 1 mile walk

Sunday - 1.95 mile walk

New favorite breakfast.

Somebody got a new toy on Prime Day.

Air fried tofu over salad is my jam.

Girls night!

The pups are getting so much bigger since the last time I saw them.

Deb is the best cook.

I love seeing the planes at Waco.

Supplier lunch perks.

We saw four planes take off while we ate lunch.

Book club read for October.

It was depressing and ended way too fast, but I like that book club has me reading things I usually wouldn't read.

Thai food is always a good idea.

G's work event.

I used to work with G so it was fun to see my friends. :)

BBQ.

I haven't been in G's office since my last day in 2016 so it was fun to get the tour and see how much has changed.

See also: G's desk and pile of papers make me laugh because my desk would NEVER have piles of paper.

Therapy quote of the week: immerse in the muck of life.

Yum!

Sisters in flannel with a flannel beer.

My Ella girl.

Love that sweet smile.

Brad overseeing the pour, lol.

Bennett is becoming quite the artist. 

My family has a pizza my heart.

Love my goofy family.

My parents' sub goes all out for Halloween.

I especially enjoyed the AGT set up.

The Rugby World Cup is on and I enjoy watching the haka (and South Africa is doing great!).

Having a moment with pesto pasta and burrata. 

4:00 p.m.

4:36 p.m.

4:47 pm.

Bahahaha.

Darn it.

Look. It. Up.

I sent this to my dad who spent many nights helping me with math homework and he responded "we all need a thorn in the flesh (2 Cor 12:9)."

My dad is a gem of a human.

It's funny because it's true.

I am for sure the spa friend, brunch friend and travel friend.

For more life lately:

Week 41 of 2019

Week 41 of 2020

Week 41 of 2021

Week 41 of 2022

No comments: