Thursday, October 20, 2022

Life Lately: Week 41

 This is what the past week looked like.

I made this chicken noodle soup since G was feeling under the weather.

Recipe notes: 

Don't skip on the dill and lemon! 

I used spaghetti noodles since that is what I had on hand and I made it in the crock pot.

This made me laugh (or cry?) because G tested positive for COVID on this day...

The unexpected was NOT welcome.

Phone date with my beautiful friends.

Soaking up that October sunshine.

Taco bowls: ground turkey, cauliflower rice, avocado, cilantro and Greek yogurt.

This picture was posted on our neighborhood Facebook page and it was too cool not to share.

Do you see the dragon in the clouds?

I quarantined in the guest room for the week.

G felt he had a mild case of the flu and unfortunately still doesn't have his taste or smell back.

Still thinking about this book...

Such a cool, unique concept for a book that I didn't want to end.

I would have loved more closure at the end though.

My town is showing off the fall colors.

Looking handsome and flea-free

The neat freak in me needed the closure that I got rid of the fleas so that was great news from the groomers.

Another day, another meal in a bowl.

This time it's shrimp bowls from our local Mexican restaurant.

G loves their spicy queso and since he can't really taste he is into all the spice.

"The one thing you absolutely need is the one thing you can never lose: my Prescence within you."

Still thinking about this from my morning devotional. 

Lunch lately: veggie burger with Laughing Cow cheese and a side of peppers.

Miraculously I tested negative and felt great so I went into work for an all day meeting (but wore a mask per protocol). 

Downtown BC.

Team lunch at Clara's.

See also: I'm on a shrimp kick.

After work I went to Ali and they had these fall candles on clearance so I grabbed them all, of course.

Funny story: I was in the wine aisle at Aldi and there was a giant pumpkin on the shelf with all the wine and the lady next to me looked at me and pointed at the pumpkin and said "a decision was made here." Ha!

During the Prime day sales I ordered a new planner for next year and it's even prettier in person.

Hop Cat takeout.

The pretzel nuggs and cheese sauce is BOMB.

Half on/half off the rug.

Good cloud day.

Michigan's fall collection is beautiful.

Another fun find from Aldi. 

Views on my walks with Manny.

RHOP is back and it's just the palate cleanser needed after RHOBH.

So true.

This reminded me of what my therapist and I talked about this week.

I was telling her I feel I have to earn rest and we were exploring why I felt that way and how important rest is.

I need to take it as seriously as I take my hustle and thankfully G helps me relax.

Great reminder.



Yes to all of this.

Perspective shift.

Healthy couples aren't perfect, but they know how to repair and fight to resolve (vs win).

Still thinking about this.

Perseverance is key.

Exactly!



Ha!

Great question.



It's gotta be 23.

This is the exact reason I do not have Halloween decorations in my house.

That's totally Manny.

Agreed, where do I sign to make this happen? 

This made me laugh so hard I couldn't even read the meme to G. 

For more life lately:

Week 41 of 2019

Week 41 of 2020

Wek 41 of 2021

No comments: