Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Weekend Getaway to South Haven and Holland


We took a much needed four day weekend getaway to celebrate G's birthday and our upcoming anniversary. We dropped Manny off Thursday morning and then drove to South Haven.



We stopped by Fenn Valley Vineyards and did a little wine tasting. The lady pouring was so sweet and fun which just makes wine tasting even better. She even gave us anniversary wine glasses to take home, score!



The wine was amazing and we bought four bottles.



Our next stop was to see Lake Michigan. It wasn't frozen and the waves were soothing and it just refreshes the soul to see the lake. 



Then we headed to one our faves, Taste, for lunch. I ordered the cosmo and G had the cucumber basil martini. My cosmo was way too strong and G liked it better so we swapped. Yum!



We started with soup. I had the spinach soup and G had the tomato Parmesan. Both were out of this world and perfect on a cold, winter day.



G had the chicken wings and I had the scallops and we shared the fried artichokes. Everything was delicious. Fun fact: Last January we came here with friends and I tried scallops for the first time and thus began my love affair with scallops. It was only fitting I had them here again and they were just as amazing as I remember.



After lunch we headed to Martha's Vineyard, our favorite bed and breakfast in the area. The grounds are so pretty and peaceful. I swear you just instantly relax when you pull in.



Our room had been renovated and was even more gorgeous than before. We had a complimentary bottle of champagne, fun!



One of the reasons we love coming here is the breakfasts. They are incredible! We woke up Friday morning to breakfast delivered to our room. Breakfast in bed is my favorite thing ever. This morning we had a veggie frittata that was so flavorful and filling.



The pears with cinnamon cream were light and sweet and hit the spot.



We went back to Taste for lunch. I know. It totally breaks our vacation rule because we like to try new restaurants, but it is just too good. The menu is so large and there was more we wanted to try. G had the bubbles martini and I had the BLT martini. It tasted like a bloody mary, but it definitely needed the pickle juice.



How adorable is my sweatshirt I received from Jess at Christmas? It was the perfect day to rock it.



Another fabulous meal! We shared the sushi and it was insanely good. The roll had fried shrimp inside which was the perfect balance of warm and cold and the flavors were intense and delicious. 



I had the lobster roll and fries per the waiter's recommendation and it did not disappoint. I think I'm more of a lobster salad kind of girl, but it tasted fresh and flavorful and the fries were crisp and salty. Amaze!





After a tasty lunch we walked it off at the lake. The waves were bigger than yesterday so it was fun to watch them crash at the lighthouse. It was memorizing. 



We ate dinner at Clementine's because they have the best fried zucchini. It's crisp and crunchy and goes so well with their homemade ranch. YUM. 

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow!

No comments: