Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Life Lately


The week between Christmas and New Years I went to a girls' night with my work girls. Love them so much. We belly laughed, had great conversation, and ended the night with karaoke. A perfect night to me!



Do you think we had enough wine for our girls' night? Ha!



How adorable are these wine glasses? I'm obsessed.



The Friday before New Years we ended up having a half day so I had a lovely, impromptu lunch with my parents. 



After lunch I treated myself to Biggby. I haven't had a latte in a long time and it was delicious.







On New Year's Eve we went to a murder mystery party. Sadly these are the only pictures I got from the evening. I was too busy playing the game. As soon as we arrived we had to get into character and start the game. It was so much fun. I love a good murder mystery and everyone else was into it too which made it even better.



We stayed up until midnight. Second year in a row, woohoo! Cheers to 2017!













We started the new year with a lovely hike at the lake. It was a gorgeous day. I felt like we were on National Geographic because the ice was melting and making all these crazy noises. At one point we saw the crack and it sounded like thunder. So cool!



There were ice fishermen on the other side of the lake so G went out on the ice with Manny.



The rest of the holiday weekend was low key. Netflix and chill. I binged Stranger Things after I realized G felt about it the way I felt about Dexter. I didn't love it as much as he did, but I watched the whole season in two days so there is that. Now I'm into Suits and I like it a lot!



We took down our Christmas decorations. Always a sad day. The living room just looks so bare now. But how cute are my new pillows?! Oh, and Manny. He is cute too.



G surprised me with sushi from my favorite place last week. So. good. This actually fed me twice (8 pp each) and it was everything.



I have switched to an oldie but goodie for breakfast. Two whole grain waffles (4 pp), 1T crunchy peanut butter (3 pp) and cinnamon (0 pp), and a cup of pineapple (0 pp, not pictured).


I'm drinking copious amounts peppermint tea and it's even better drinking it with my peppermint candle burning.


My mom and I had fun spending an afternoon together. We drank coffee.


And enjoyed a fun lunch together catching up.



How cute is this future Manchester United fan?!


One of our goals for 2017 was to find a church community and go out to eat after. We went to a new church down the road from our house and loved it. The message was convicting and the music was amazing. We cannot wait to go back!

.

After church we went out for sushi.



G and I shared the dumplings and two amazing rolls. Seriously, it was amazing. Maybe the best dumplings ever and I'm still thinking about that sushi. And can I just say that I love WW and those extra points for fun weekend splurges.


Checking off another goal for 2017 this month by being intentional. First there was coffee with my mom and then I had coffee with a girlfriend a few days later. It's so good for the soul!

So that is life lately. What's new with you guys?

No comments: