Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Life Lately


A week and a half ago my mom and I went to dinner and a show. My mom came out and got a tour of where I work and met my coworkers. Then we went out for sushi. My mom isn't a big sushi fan but she really liked this sushi so I'm calling it a win. She also had a noddle dish that was delicious. 


We went to the theater after dinner to see Sound of Music. I loved everything about it. The acting. The singing. The sets. The songs. The story. I had tears in my eyes after the actress sang Climb Every Mountain. It was so well done. The kids were incredible. The actress playing Maria was only a sophomore in college, but she was born for this role. It was such a fun night! It was one of the best musicals I've ever seen. If it's coming to your city I highly recommend seeing it.


Last Thursday G and I decided to try out this speakeasy type place we've wanted to try forever. It's located in an ally and down these stairs. It is a tough place to find if you aren't looking for it which is what the owners wanted. They wanted it to be a place locals could gather. Ummm I love that!


How did I have no idea it was National Wine Day?! All their wines were $5 so of course we had to partake.


I wasn't going to get a meal since I had eaten a late lunch but it was their last day having Lobster Mac and Cheese and I could not turn that down. It was a little spicy for me, but G loved it. The customer service was awesome and we cannot wait to go back and try more of their food and cocktails.



The weather has been absolutely amazing here. It felt like spring this weekend. We took advantage with long walks around the lake with Manny.


Can we also talk about how crazy the sky was the other night? The moon and the clouds were just so beautiful.


There was also a Qdoba burrito bowl in my life. It has been far too long since I had one and it was amazing.



I mentioned this a little last week, but we celebrated eight years of marriage last Tuesday. We decided to try a local restaurant again that we had banned four years ago because the service was so awful. I don't like spending a lot of money of food and drinks and being treated like an inconvenience. We heard the restaurant had new ownership and the reviews were really good so we decided to give it another shot. The food and drinks were amazing, but the service was terrible again. So disappointing! It was still a great anniversary though. We had good conversation and watched our wedding video afterwards. We talked about what we accomplished this past year and what we hope to accomplish in this next year. I love celebrating love!

I think I'm all caught up on life now. What's new with you guys?

No comments: